The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Lathering Mitchell's Wool Fat

Well I was going to use Noble Otter Lonestar tomorrow, but this just made me want to try MWF again. Nice tutorial!

Nice video! One thing that I learned though, is that different pucks of MWF can perform differently. I've had two batches of MWF that was never grated/bloomed and one performed like a champ and others was a bubbly mess.

Well I was going to use Noble Otter Lonestar tomorrow, but this just made me want to try MWF again. Nice tutorial!
Awesom
Nice video! One thing that I learned though, is that different pucks of MWF can perform differently. I've had two batches of MWF that was never grated/bloomed and one performed like a champ and others was a bubbly mess.
I have been lucky over the years, most of the pucks I have had have been ok, but I always grate and re-press into the bowl so far so good
Nice video
Thanks Tim

Nice job @BarberDave , someday I’ll have to give it another try. Now if you can produce a tutorial on how to lather the last production of Crabtree and Evelyn, that would be a heck of a feat!

I have all kinds of soaps, but MWF can run with the best of them. Is it the best soap? That's highly subjective, and open to variables such as price. When I factor in the modest price, the longevity of the cake and the wonderful post shave feel, it's in the hall of fame for sure.

I wish my first experience with MWF was positive. I just felt so let down by it. I may give it another go one day though.

I created a frankensoap out of MWF, Tabac, and Haslinger Schafmilch. I used it in today's YouTube video. It lathers great.

I thought the best way to lather the Fat was in the shower and under your pits! 🤪

Back