The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Latest Wild Finds

Spider

"The Cadre Constable"
Veteran
Legacy
Bingo Wizard
Concierge
I discussed these in more detail in my VLOG from yesterday, but thought I’d post pics for those who aren’t watching the VLOGs. My video will be posted at the end if you want to see more!

These are fresh from the wild and not cleaned yet.

Gillette Tech & Eversharp 500

Gillette Atra, and Unbranded Atra clone

Barber’s Razor

Score of of the day! Cased Slim for $10

https://youtu.be/iUGTirs2FHg

KJ, great scores. Saw them in the vlog. I have the same gillette tech with the plastic handle. It's a very mild shaver but effective enough and sometimes I use it as my travel razor. Interested in the Barber Razor going forward. Cool local piece.

Your wild environment is clearly better than mine, I find things are a pretty rare occasion. A boxed razor is a substantial win.

Your wild environment is clearly better than mine, I find things are a pretty rare occasion. A boxed razor is a substantial win.
I may not buy something every time, due to price, but I find something every time I go out.

While I was on vacation this past week I attended a very large swap meet that has in the past been a good source of various vintage bottles and gear. I was able to find several boxed bottles of Avon in scents I don't have a lot of (or any of), the problem was that the guy selling them placed a higher value on them than I did. The one bottle of Tai Winds I was interested in was $10 and I couldn't see paying that when I already have some I paid only $1 for. I also found a boxed pre-war Gillette tech for $40. Then was the guy I spent more time arguing with than I should have. He had a VERY good condition boxed Gillette Aristocrat and a basic utility grade straight razor. The Aristocrat was labeled $5 clear as day but when i presented the item for purchase he told me the razor was $100 and the $5 tag should not have been there. A true shame because I would loved to have had that one for $5. He was one of many vendors I encountered that was constantly telling me how much "they" sell for and using recent ebay listings as proof. He was also one of many vendors I told to go sell it on ebay then.

I love that! "Go sell it on eBay then." I used that once and it didn't go over well. Next time I might make an offer and say, "well I have cash, now!"

That’s really sad the way folks act these days about the razors. He should have honored the price tag. His fault if it was supposed to be changed. Bummer.

Sad. I love how people will see a post for sale on ebay and say they go for such and such. A posted sale isn't the going price anyway. Completed sales will give you what they sell for and THAT is ON ebay.

Picked these up today! All three full too...

Sure Winner, Oland, and Tai Winds. $5 each.

The razor needs cleaned up s bit...but I've been looking for one of these for a while now.

Picked there up today! All three full too...

Sure Winner, Oland, and Tai Winds. $5 each.

The razor needs cleaned up s bit...but I've been looking for one of these for a while now.

I have the empty razor and brush with boxes tucked away somewhere. Nice find to get them full
1f44d.png

Very cool, love the razor. My favorite is tai winds. Oland is just too much for me
Those are pretty freaking sweet Don!

Thanks guys! To be honest...with the exception of a few (like the razor), I really don't look for the Avon Aftershaves for the bottles themselves, but more for the aftershaves. It's a shame that almost everything I find is Wild Country...man that is some really stinky stuff!

It's a shame that almost everything I find is Wild Country...man that is some really stinky stuff!
WC is a clone of Pinaud Clubman. I can’t stand Clubman any more, something in it just attacks my senses. Maybe the powdery note. WC is less powdery, and I can tolerate it. But it’s one of my least favorite of the Avons.

Back