The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Just checking in

SteveChuckFrank

Close Enough*
Hi everyone! I just wanted to check in and introduce myself. My name is Steve and I'm from southern NJ, just outside of Philly. Some of you may know me as Steveymetal in other parts of the interweb. s

I'm still fairly new to the world of traditional wet shaving, having only started with my grandfather's '61 (G-2) Fatboy around the end of January/beginning of February. Prior to that I hadn't shaved my face in a few years as I had a beard. Before that I was strictly a canned goop and cartridge guy. Believe it or not, it was my sister and her boyfriend who guided me into the world of DE razors and traditional shaving.

I have finally figured out how to not lose a pint of blood everytime I shave, and am really starting to enjoy the daily ritual.

Looking forward to hearing about everyone's adventures, and sharing my own.

A big thanks to Dave for inviting me over here. I really was flattered and honored that he thought I was worth asking to join the community. It really means a lot!

Welcoem Steve, glad you are hear make sure you read and understand the TOU and have fun

Hey, great to see to decided to stop on by. Hopefully you’ll enjoy the friendship and knowledge collected here.

A big ‘ol welcome to The Shaving Cadre Steve! Having you (a newer soap&DE shaver) around will be good for all of us, it’s easy for us to forget those early days once we start getting better results ...and more soaps, brushes and razors.

Welcome. If you have any questions, just ask. Someone here will know the answer.

Welcome on!

You’ve answered my main question now, who the heck you are over here! Thanks for the invite.

Back