The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

It begins...wife tried soap/brush

OpusX

TSC’s Master of Warp Cores, Alchemy, Ale, & Cider
It seems that my hobby and habbits are rubbing of on wife unit. She decided on a relaxing morning bath, to pamper herself a bit, and I suggested she try a soap and brush for her leg shave.

She seems to be enjoying it so far. I'll wait for final results to see what her thoughts are, but we may have a winner.

Awesome! Mine hasn’t taken to it yet, though she’s tried a couple times.

Well it seems she likes it! From her, "I like it. I don't think it's revolutionary, but I enjoy painting myself with the brush". I let her use my 26mm tuxedo, as it is the largest brush in the lineup. I'll try to find her a 30mm.

She used one a CBL Tonsorial soap (my sandalwood and myrrh remix) and thought it very smooth, "...I see why you enjoy this". Her preference is more towards the witchy, earthy aromas, so I'm off to grab some of Chris' patchouli.

Looks like this will be a more "treat yo self" thing, possibly once a week, but I'm happy to have successfully shared this with her.

Congrats! I got my wife into years ago.... she has settled on Brit creams (or AOS), synth brush from WCS (no fuss and it looks “pretty”) and permanently “borrowed” my Merkur 34c. I have to change her blade for her as well 🤷‍♂️ Stirling balms are her go to aftershave as well ..... “hey hun, I’m getting you some shaving stuff (secretly add on stuff for yourself as well, muwahhahaha)”

Her preference is more towards the witchy, earthy aromas,
She would like the scents from Southern Witchcrafts!

Amber loves the smell of CBL’s Hippie... patchouli and Nag Champa. It’s a special order. But I haven’t got Amber to try actually using the soaps/razors yet.....

If I offer to let my wife try stuff she’ll say no. But then when (she thinks) I’m not looking, she’ll go in my den and steal stuff... And then I find it in HER den. That’s piracy...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s piracy...
Seems you are in need of a Letter of Marque.

avalon-1667-gr-550w.jpg

Confession time: added on a TOBS Royal Forest for myself about 2 months ago. Got it and though “ugh I like the scent, but creams are not my thing”.... “hey Sweetums, I got this for you and forgot to tell you when it arrived” 🤦🏼‍♂️

she used it last night and LOVES the scent .... Aventus is officially unisex 🥳

Back