The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Introducing Myself

Soap Thing

Shave Member
Active Duty
Hello everyone,

My name is Benjamin. I am currently living in the greater St. Louis area. I have been wet shaving for four years, but I am new to social media and very new to forums just generally. I was living under a rock for most of my twenties and I’ve been learning proper social media etiquette the hard way, but I suppose that’s better than not learning at all. I am approaching ten years in the US Air Force with (hopefully) no end in sight. I have a dry sense of humor that is often miss understood so I’m working on cranking that down a notch or two. Hey, sometimes you need to point out your own flaws, it keeps you grounded.

I hope I will enjoy being here, thank you to everyone and have a happy new year.

Benjamin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Benjamin! Nice to meet you. Welcome to The Cadre!

Plenty of Missourians here! Also you’ll find a large brotherhood of military and veterans as well! Retired Air Force myself.

As far as having a dry sense of humor, I think you’ll fit in. Just remember that the use of smilies goes a long way to enhance the written word on forum, so that folks know you mean something as a joke, so that it isn’t misconstrued.

Benjamin @Soap Thing ! So happy you found us! And I for one won't hold the fact that you are in the "Chair Force" against you! 🤪 Seriously though...I think you will be right at home here. We aren't perfect...but we have a lot of fun! Welcome to TSC!

Welcome Benjamin! Glad you could join in. A very hearty “Thank you!” for your service!

What are some of your favorite traditional shaving items currently?

Great introduction, Benjamin! I just noticed this introduction thread, after I PM'd lol.

What are your tools of the trade(straights, SE, or DE)? Favorite software(Soaps/Aftershave)?

Glad to see another veteran! Thanks!

Matt

Welcome to the greatest bunch of guys you’d ever he to meet on the inter webs. Chairborne vet here.

Back