The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Imperial leather talc

Mike Shults

Jr. Shave Member
Hello all,
I hope everyone has an excellent Thanksgiving.
Has anyone tried the Imperial leather talc? I am hooked on the talc, thanks to Barber Dave:)
Anyways i am curious about the smell, what does it smell like? I am lucky to have had an old bottle of clubman talc (real talc) thats probable 6-7 years old, i used it on the boys in the past in the summer months.

Best,

Mike

The Imperial Leather talc and soap were a Christmas stocking filler from Granny when i was younger, presumably because people were trying to tell me to wash more, but they are both inoffensive. i think the quality is fine, but no better than Clubman.
If you have to import it from England then i'm not sure it's worth the money compared to things one can buy in the U.S., but the adverts for it were fun to watch. In a bath on a plane etc. There was a later set of adverts i couldn't immediately find, but they were basically telling people off for putting the soap the wrong way up on a dish with the label showing because 'Imperial Leather always rests on its name'.
What nonsense! But fun.

T

I’ve used a few containers of the talc, as well as the bar soap. It’s quite inexpensive on that site that sells “everything.” I agree, it’s floral-ish, but certainly fits nicely into the overall barbershop feel that a lot of us enjoy.

I have a bottle of Imperial Leather talc. It is very floral. I like it.
So its a scent that will not 'clash' with aftershaves? Yeah i been reading up on reviews most like it others say it too 'loud', but that's he way things are, emmv/ymmv. I like clubman pinad talc, but i my nose cant tolerate the clubman pinad after shave .

Back