The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #124 (928 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Brooklyn Grooming Anchor AS, and Rochas Moustache EDP to finish!

Friday!
giphy.gif

Great shave this morning. Feeling fresh, clean, and ready to shut down the work week. Opted for the boozy vanilla of Moustache EDP to finish the shave.

Busy day ahead of a meeting and visits around town. Let’s git er dun!

Happy Friday all!

Shave #125 (929 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, JT Spartan Burl brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Brooklyn Grooming Anchor AS, and Tom Ford Ombré Leather to finish!

Typical Saturday in progress! Bit of a needed sleep in, followed promptly by a tough OT workout, followed promptly by a nice coffee and breakfast burrito out with the missus. Then back home for the usual responsibilities.

Great shave to freshen up! Just a few little follicle area decapitations but no lasting damage. A strange, overcast and cool day in the middle of warmer, so I got to opt for Ombré Leather to finish things up. That hit the spot!

More laundry to plough through, then some chill time.

Happy Saturday all!

Shave #126 (930 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, JT Spartan Burl brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Brooklyn Grooming Anchor AS, and Dior Sauvage Elixir to finish!

Man, weird evening/night. After the random overcast day, we got a good blasting of rain and then some gusty winds through this morning. Not the best nights rest unfortunately.

Great shave at least! The soap at the center of this Agar tub is becoming more translucent and showing a hint of green. Still a long ways to go though before the tub is done. Finished with Sauvage Elixir today!

Church this morning, then we take a trip this afternoon down to Anaheim for the rest of the day, for a Hawaiian cultural event! Should be a good time.

Have a blessed Sunday all!

Shave #127 (931 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Brooklyn Grooming Anchor AS, and Dior Homme Sport ‘19 to finish!

A long day yesterday, especially in driving, but fun. I was somewhat incorrect on the event, while some Hawaiian culture was represented, it was mostly Samoan and associated culture. It was put on by an LA area musician and teacher of Samoan culture and dance, and her group, who has had a hand in helping with the Moana movie and many other projects. It was fun!

So tired today though, having gotten back home after midnight. Great shave this morning at least. No issues. Back to sunny, warmer day it appears, so I closed up shave shop with DHS!

Busy day of visits ahead!

Have a great Monday all!

Shave #127 (931 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Brooklyn Grooming Anchor AS, and Dior Homme Sport ‘19 to finish!

A long day yesterday, especially in driving, but fun. I was somewhat incorrect on the event, while some Hawaiian culture was represented, it was mostly Samoan and associated culture. It was put on by an LA area musician and teacher of Samoan culture and dance, and her group, who has had a hand in helping with the Moana movie and many other projects. It was fun!

So tired today though, having gotten back home after midnight. Great shave this morning at least. No issues. Back to sunny, warmer day it appears, so I closed up shave shop with DHS!

Busy day of visits ahead!

Have a great Monday all!
Looks like you and I are in the same boat..

giphy.gif

Shave #128 (932 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Brooklyn Grooming Anchor AS, and Guerlain L’Homme Ideal Cologne to finish!

Busy day indeed yesterday, phew. Boy am I glad that one is done! Definitely a better rest…and more rest…also.

Great shave this morning. Forgot to swap out my brush though. Whoops! Decided to use Ideal Cologne this morning, so good. Not much left of this decant though. Maybe another wearing or two, then it’s gone forever 🥲

Most of the day will be spent at the EOL facility today. Middle son has a random minimum day for whatever reason. Church group later tonight!

Happy Tuesday all!

Shave #129 (933 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Brooklyn Grooming Anchor AS, and Penhaligon’s Sartorial to finish!

Wednesday already?! This is both crazy and great!

Excellent shave this morning! No issues of note. Decided to go with some uber freshness today and hit the Sartorial finisher!

In the middle of annual evaluations, which includes a dreaded self evaluation but at least that means our one opportunity each year for pay increases is looking close. OT workout later this evening!

Finished watching Shogun. Excellent series!

Happy Wednesday all!

Back