The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

I thought this was a Wostenholm?

well, IDK. I thought it was something but it has nothing on the other side that's it that little ax and the asterix which I've never seen before? I don't know, the blade is pretty messed up it looks like whoever was grinding that day at the factory had their thermos full of something other than coffee LOL is there somebody that melts these broken worthless blaze down LOL. I think I would rather have some slugs the size of a quarter and weighing about the same as a quarter then some of these blades I have LOLLumii_20221208_103549455.jpg

it's kind of funny how we miss simple things. the people that I hear always call it an ax so I just called it an ax even though I know that it was bought like so many of those companies bought out people the pipe brand or logo was purchased by Wostenholm according to the normal sources

I've only ever heard of Pipe razors.... I never knew that Wostenholm was a part of it too. But I'm not really a straight razor guy, so I don't know too much about them. Someone else will be along soon to un-muddy the waters.

It is a Wostenholm. It's a Wostenholm Pipe razor. I have a couple, they are very nice razors. I don't know if I have any Wostenholm's without a pipe logo stamp but I might.

Yep, it is a Wostenholm, at some point they started etching their razors with REAL PIPE RAZOR, because they were starting to get copied. SO, I suppose it is possible that it isn't a Wostenholm at all, but there is absolutely no way to say for 100% certain that it is or isn't. It is a very good bet that it is though!

So, it depends, but from my experience it likely is LOL.

there are so many things that make this such an interesting hobby. this is one of those I guess. it had nothing stamped on the other side and it looked like it was messed up at the grinders shop I figured maybe they wasn't sure who they was going to say made it LOL

I would like to protest!

the cadre constable, heyzooz, I blame Dave, the milkman did it, and I get newbie. yes, indeed I must mount a protest LOL. the title should come with an icon of a bearded man with a Band-Aid on his forehead

you guys are super knowledgeable. I'll be calling on it LOL

well, IDK. I thought it was something but it has nothing on the other side that's it that little ax and the asterix which I've never seen before? I don't know, the blade is pretty messed up it looks like whoever was grinding that day at the factory had their thermos full of something other than coffee LOL is there somebody that melts these broken worthless blaze down LOL. I think I would rather have some slugs the size of a quarter and weighing about the same as a quarter then some of these blades I have LOLView attachment 100064
I don't know of anyone that melts them down, but I have sent some razors to a guy in germany who does metal hardness tests on broken and destroyed blades. He hopes to do more research on vintage metal production methods.

Back