The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

How many ounces of coffee do you drink in the morning?

How much coffee do you drink in the morning?

• Up to 16 Ounces (1 - 2 Cups)

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • 16 - 32 Ounces (2 - 4 Cups)

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • 32 - 64 Ounces (4- 8 Cups)

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • 64 Ounces or more (8 or more Cups)

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I don't drink coffee because I am not part of the human race...

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

dangerousdon

"I am Udderly Insufferable”
Veteran
Concierge Emeritus
Just like the title asks...how many ounces of coffee do you drink in the morning. I pretty much make a 14 cup pot every morning before work and I polish off almost all of it. I am a kind soul though...I make sure I leave a cup for my wife! 🤪

But seriously...inquiring minds want to know!

I drink 1-2 cups in the morning before work, then fill up my Stanley thermos (1qt, I think) and drink that throughout the morning.

Our coffee pot makes 12 cups o joe. Half for me and half for my wife. Sometimes I get more at work, if the thermos isn't enough.

On the weekends we polish off about 2.5 pots between us. Coffee and tea are a staple at our house.

Liar. That isn't possible.
LOL! Well, during the week it is. One Keurig cup. Coffee makes me warm and then hot if I have more in a short period of time. Often after I have one cup I would like another, but know it'll make me uncomfortably hot. During the weekend it's more leisurely and I'll have 2-3 cups.

LOL! Well, during the week it is. One Keurig cup. Coffee makes me warm and then hot if I have more in a short period of time. Often after I have one cup I would like another, but know it'll make me uncomfortably hot. During the weekend it's more leisurely and I'll have 2-3 cups.

I didn't realize that San Francisco doesn't have iced coffee.

Image result for sunglasses gif

The caffeine brother. The caffeine. It doesn't make me more awake, just hot. Which sucks when I'd like to feel that little boost people talk about.

Usually a 12 oz in the morning and a 12 oz during my work shift lunch break. Too much more than that in one day tends to make the stomach upset.

The caffeine brother. The caffeine. It doesn't make me more awake, just hot. Which sucks when I'd like to feel that little boost people talk about.

Never heard of that side effect. That is a weird one. I don't get the boost from coffee per se. For me I drink it because I enjoy it. I don't add anything to my coffee. So I figure having a cup o coffee is better than a diet coke.

I make enough in a french press for two Victor diner mugs of cafe au last. After that I don't drink coffee later in the day. If I don't have time for the french press I just make a mug of Donut Shop coffee from the Keurig K-Cup.

My pour over carafe makes a good 3 cups for me at work. At home it's usually 1 pint glass of cold brew with ice and a splash of milk, mostly cause the milk looks cool going into the cold brew. keeping in mind cold brew is roughly 4x stronger than regular coffee.

I guess 32 ounces is the lower end of my intake with 62 ounces being a typical upper end. Cold brewing makes it possible to consume larger amounts without getting hot or upsetting my stomach but i tend to tolerate the hot stuff pretty well too ....as long as its not the starbucks swill. Seriously, a 16-24oz cup of starbucks will make me sick all day. I am like Dave (of the nurse kind), I don't get much pep in my step from the volume of coffee i drink but I do get headaches if i cut out the coffee all together for too many days in a row. A cup in the morning is all it takes to keep the headache at bay. Problem with the 32-64 ounce consumption rate is the need to participate in the mandatory california coffee recycling program.

Gotcha. i thought that might be what you meant but at the same time, well, it IS California after all!

I was thinking the same thing Kyle. Different areas of California have some CRAZY rules and regulations.

Back