The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

How do you view the forum?

Spider

"The Cadre Constable"
Veteran
Legacy
Bingo Wizard
Concierge
Over the past week or so, I’ve noticed a few folks saying that they have missed posts, or gotten behind on journals, and don’t know why. It makes me wonder how folks a viewing the site. I never miss a new post.

As soon as I get to the site, I hit “Topics” from the top menu. I really hate that label, but it is essentially the “What’s New” or “New Posts” button from other forums.

It takes you to a page with all of the latest threads, in order of their most recent post. And it differentiates threads you have read or not.

This is is the easiest way to stay up to date with the latest posts on the forum.

Any other tips?

I just keep my browser on the main forum page, refresh, surf, then return.

I only surf from my phone because I spend too many hours on my work computer. Anyway, I just kinda stumble around aimlessly.

I only surf from my phone because I spend too many hours on my work computer. Anyway, I just kinda stumble around aimlessly.

+1
Thanks for the pointer Spider, I’ve been using the Topic button since last night. Much easier! And the button appears on the phone, which is what I use 95% of the time.

I just follow the little numbers next to threads indicating new posts. I refresh as I go so it updates what I've read. I may try the other. I'm sure there's more then one method that works.

Back