The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Holiday Cards

August West

TSC Yoda
Veteran
When I was young, my grandparents and Mom sent out what seemed like a hundred Holiday cards in early December. When I was raising up a family we did about 15. Now. None.

Is the Holiday card dead?

I’m not sure it’s dead just yet, but certainly being given their hat and shown the door…I remember the cards we received usually recapped the family’s year and maybe some plans for the following. I think with email and the advent of social media some of those things sort of waned because everyone already knew what the family events were for the year. Also think now that life is more hectic, some / most of it self-induced - so people don’t take the time to slow down and write out the cards anymore. I think it’s a shame because I also enjoyed the family pictures that came along with the cards.

@CVargo is the exception because I’d be surprised if his internet was anything other than dial-up 😀

We do it every year here…. Calling Frosty!!!!

In fact, Tony, one year, I sent one to you. Did you ever receive it?

Thanks for getting this going..... Everyone be sure to go to the link and sign up for this.....

Back