The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

high heat fresh temps

novicewetshaver

Sr. Shave Member
looking for some good fragrances that would be good to wear in high heat situations. currently frags i have been able to obtain are versace man eros parfum, mont blanc indiviual, creed silver mountain water, creed green irish tweed and ultra male le male. looking for any reccomendations or thoughts, was watching a few videos on youtube and they were saying mont blanc individual would be ok for high heat situations but i havent tried it yet. thanks!

I’d think SMW is a great summer scent…but of course, there’s a treasure trove of others too!

Prada Luna Rossa and Dior Homme Cologne come to mind. ADP and ADG have a plethora of good freshies; I’d say the majority of their lines are summer appropriate. Tom Ford Costa Azzura or similar would be nice also.

thanks i was able to get a bottle of tom ford neroli portifino, havent tried it out yet for hot yoga. i'm mainly looking for fresh scents i can wear to yoga, yesterdays class got all the way to 108 degrees so those are the temps im working with. any other thoughts or suggestions would be grearly apreciated thanks!

I’d think SMW is a great summer scent…but of course, there’s a treasure trove of others too!

Prada Luna Rossa and Dior Homme Cologne come to mind. ADP and ADG have a plethora of good freshies; I’d say the majority of their lines are summer appropriate. Tom Ford Costa Azzura or similar would be nice also.
have you used mont blanc individual at all? not sure if that would be considered a high heat scent, to my nose it feels better suited to lower to mid temprature range.

have you used mont blanc individual at all? not sure if that would be considered a high heat scent, to my nose it feels better suited to lower to mid temprature range.
I have not used or smelled it personally. Looking at its notes, it does have a lot going on and some darker base notes that may not be entirely suitable for a very hot environment like that.

Oh, if it's something for yoga, then I'd look at clean soapy scents.
It's interesting that you can wear scents to hot yoga, when I left the scene, scents were pretty much not allowed to wear.

Etat Libre d'Orange You or Someone Like You is a great one, and also at least a little interesting to wear. They have a few that could all work in the context Exit the King, and Ghost in the Shell would also be contenders, but I love that minty green opening of YoSLY.

On the more accessible side, check out some Pradas, they are know for that scent profile. And Comme des Garcons Marseilles is a stunning soapy scent that's sure to be a safe wear anywhere.

Personally, I'd steer away from things like Neroli Portofino in that context, though it's so short lived that maybe it doesn't matter. If you like colognes though, ELdO's Cologne is also really great.

Mugler Cologne Come Together is another, but seems to have been discontinued.

Back