The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Hi from the Philippines (originally New Zealand)

JVS

Shave Newbie
Hello everyone

We only have an artesian well so I’m a cold water shaver now, and it works fine. Started shaving in the late 1960s when it was a chore; learned to shave fast in the Royal Air Force, and defected to cartridge razors in the 1980s. I went back to wet shaving about 7 years ago with an Edwin Jagger, then an AS-D2. Those were followed by a Wolfman Guerilla and Rex Ambassador.

I’m still a daily shaver, and my rotation includes:

Timeless 68OC (95 coming)
Lupo 72 with Timeless handle
Gamechanger 84 with Timeless handle
Tatara Nodachi & Muramasa

Cheers!

Welcome to The Cadre JVS! What soaps do you like using? Can you find a lot of stuff locally?

Reactions: JVS
Welcome to The Cadre JVS! What soaps do you like using? Can you find a lot of stuff locally?

Thanks, Spider :)

I have to get everything online as we live out in the sticks along a dirt road far from any stores. Think rice fields, pineapple farms and forest.

I used to use DR Harris Arlington, Proraso, and Tabac but bought a few less traditional soaps to try over the last year:

Ariana & Evans
Declaration Grooming
Meissner Tremonia
Barrister & Man
Saponificio Vareniso
Razorock

All nice with terrific lather but I think I prefer hard soaps best, and like the SV and Meissner Tremonia soaps enough to buy again.

Looks like a solid rotation for sure. Welcome, I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Welcome JVS! Glad you could join in! Looks like you’ve got a pretty darn solid lineup of hardware and software! Nice!

Back