The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Hi From Long Island

EMG06

"TSC's Bingo Admiral"
Hi!
Thanks for having me at the Shaving Cadre. My name IRL is Eric. I live on Long Island in NY with my wife and our son. I’ve been wet shaving since November 2015. Only in the past few months have I realized the amazing online community that exists in this hobby, and I am excited to be part of this group!
Eric

Welcome Eric! Glad you could join in.

What are some of your favorite software/hardware shave gear right now?

Welcome to The Cadre Eric! Great group of wet shavers here. Any questions, feel free to ask!

Welcome Eric! Glad you could join in.

What are some of your favorite software/hardware shave gear right now?

Favorite hardware at the moment includes:
Gillette Senator
Gillette President
Gillette RFB New
(Got kinda into vintage Gillette over the summer)
Mühle R89

For brushes, I prefer a good bowl lathering brush and have a predilection for my Simpson Emperor 3 in SiLVERTiP. I also love my Simpson Tulip 2 Super (which I think of as the first bacon I put on my cheeseburger, ruining many other brushes of different grade hair for me in a single instant) and my Simpson Colonel, as it was my first shaving brush.

Software:
Lately been more into the more traditional tallow and veggie based soaps:
Mitchell’s Wool Fat
DR Harris
GF Trumper Creams
Saponificio Varesino
Martin de Candre

A big welcome from Upstate NY, Eric! Glad you found our little corner of the web.

Back