The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Hi From Georgia!

Joshua223

Jr. Shave Member
Hi everyone,

Decided to sign up after this forum was recommended to me by Gasman. I started on a straight forum, but often use my Gillette Slim for convenience. I've been interested in straights since I was a kid and finally bought my first one almost 10 years ago. Do my own honing. I don't have my own workshop so I enjoy seeing the different projects people are working on. I usually have a beard so I think my shaving technique isn't that great. Mostly collect straights, but would collect all shaving and honing stuff if I could. Plenty of interesting history. The rabbit holes are deep and expensive though. Haven't used a lot of soaps, but so far I prefer Stirling.

:whistle:

Hi @Joshua223 glad to have you, loads of great folks on here that have the same obsession!

I enjoy restoring straights when I have the time, its a great past time.
I've got plenty that need restoring. Don't have a good workspace so I usually just clean and polish. I've learned about techniques for repairing scales I REALLY want to try out eventually. The work some guys do with minimal tools is impressive.

Welcome Joshua! Glad you could join in!

Any favorite SRs or Stirling scents you have currently?

Good to see ya found us, Joshua. This does seem to be a fun group of guys and lots of other things going on besides wet shaving.
Now send me those razors you don't have time to restore. You don't need them and my collection is starting to fall under the 250 range. I cant have that.
:ROFLMAO:

Welcome Joshua! Glad you could join in!

Any favorite SRs or Stirling scents you have currently?
Friedr Herder #49 is really nice shaver. Wish I had gotten a few when they were selling for less. As far as collecting, I like a bit of everything. Ivory and Figural aluminum scales are nice. :)

I got a sample of Electric Sheep to try something different and really liked it. That may be my next purchase if I don't try another maker.

I got a sample of Electric Sheep to try something different and really liked it.
That's a polarizing scent for sure! I didn't dislike it, as a scent, But it wasn't something I really enjoyed that close to my face for that long.
That may be my next purchase if I don't try another maker.
I'd be remiss if I didn't ask if you've tried CBL Soaps, and recommend them if you haven't..... (They are my favorite!)

That's a polarizing scent for sure! I didn't dislike it, as a scent, But it wasn't something I really enjoyed that close to my face for that long.

I'd be remiss if I didn't ask if you've tried CBL Soaps, and recommend them if you haven't..... (They are my favorite!)
Besides mass produced stuff, I've only tried Stirling and The Gentlemen's Quarter. The best scent from cheaper products I've used is Lider.
I was considering Lisa's Natural or T&S. With all the scent options I'm not sure where to start though...

Back