The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Hi Friends!

Brew

Shave Enthusiast
Hi, thanks in advance for the warm welcome. I've been looking for a new place to discuss shaving stuff. I see a whole bunch of member names I recognize. Looking forward to catching up and contributing. I shave with a straight, enjoy watches, swim a little, run a little, hope they don't put any more stents in me. More to come. Best regards.

I'm not sure I like this "like" button, so I'll also "say," "thanks again for the warm welcome."

A question of forum etiquette, if you don't mind. Is hitting "like" enough, or is a moment taken to actually communicate with a comment preferred?

Brew welcome to the cadre!

As to the like button it is here to help show agreement. Use it how you see fit. Join in on the conversations we are happy to have you here!

A question of forum etiquette, if you don't mind. Is hitting "like" enough, or is a moment taken to actually communicate with a comment preferred?
I rarely use the like button, and rarely notice who likes what post. I always prefer to actually comment if I like something. I dislike that about FB too. I'd rather folks comment on my posts that just take the easy way out and hit the like button.

Welcome to the Cadre @Brew . I think the Like button question has been answered already but to be very clear, use the button as you wish and comment when you want. The whole goal is to be part of the forum in the way you find most enjoyable and most useful. You have the ability to choose to be alerted when people "like" one of your posts so check your settings to be sure you have your alerts set the way you want.

Welcome to the Cadre! I “like” the like button—often times I’m running through posts, but want to show folks that I’ve read something and appreciate it. Obviously, we love posts and (especially) photos and videos, but any participation is appreciated!

Back