The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Hey fragheads, food for thought....

I thought it was a Wright Brothers thing and this post was for Barber Dave….

Interesting though:
Wright N°100 is made with the delectable notes of thick-cut bacon, applewood, bergamot, white patchouli, sandalwood, a touch of maple syrup, and a little sizzle of Mousse de Saxe—a combination of leather and vanilla popular in 1922.

I thought it was a Wright Brothers thing and this post was for Barber Dave….

Interesting though:
Wright N°100 is made with the delectable notes of thick-cut bacon, applewood, bergamot, white patchouli, sandalwood, a touch of maple syrup, and a little sizzle of Mousse de Saxe—a combination of leather and vanilla popular in 1922.
@NurseDave you’re slacking…KJ had to do your job for you.

with the delectable notes of thick-cut bacon, applewood, bergamot, white patchouli, sandalwood, a touch of maple syrup, and a little sizzle of Mousse de Saxe—a combination of leather and vanilla popular in 1922.
I get most of these notes standing next to my smoker & spilling on an earl grey on my shirt too.

Not sure if these notes sounds good or bad, but the more i think about it, it piques my interest, but my initial MdSaxe experience a couple yeara ago wasnt as awesome as i was expecting it to be.

I’ve never heard of Wright brand, so I’d never have thought bacon when I saw the name.

Seems like a scent profile easily solved by cooking bacon outside, over a wood fire, in a cast iron skillet.

Back