The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Henson Razors

Conservator

Shave Member
Other than price and weight, do you have any opinion about the Henson Medium Aluminum and Titanium as far as shaving quality goes?

I have the aluminum. It shaved ok, but it was weird to use. Because of the angle you need to hold it at, it throws off your established technique. It’s almost like relearning to shave. Because of that I only used it a couple of times and haven’t revisited it. I got it as kind of a novelty, so I wasn’t too interested in taking the time to fully get used to it.

I also only own and have used the Al. It’s an OK shaver and certainly well made at an accessible price.

It doesn’t get off the rack very often unfortunately. Al razors don’t seem to get along very well with me for some reason though, the shave always feels a little rough compared to SS or brass/nickel. Like KJ said, the shave angle is a little weird, though I think it’s meant to be intuitive, it’s so mild-feeling that you can loose the optimal angle sometimes.

If you already own a good mild shaver, like a Tech or something, there’s not much point to getting one I’d say.

I also only own and have used the Al. It’s an OK shaver and certainly well made at an accessible price.

It doesn’t get off the rack very often unfortunately. Al razors don’t seem to get along very well with me for some reason though, the shave always feels a little rough compared to SS or brass/nickel. Like KJ said, the shave angle is a little weird, though I think it’s meant to be intuitive, it’s so mild-feeling that you can loose the optimal angle sometimes.

If you already own a good mild shaver, like a Tech or something, there’s not much point to getting one I’d say.
Do you have the mild or medium?

Medium as well…. And I like mild razors. I can’t imagine a version milder than the medium. That’s for only newbies, I reckon.

Back