The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Hello!

Welcome Phantom! Glad you could join in!

What are some of your favorite pieces of traditional shaving gear and software right now?

Welcome Phantom! Glad you could join in!

What are some of your favorite pieces of traditional shaving gear and software right now?
Hello!

I've been enjoying using Stirling Soap's "Coniferous" and the Chiseled Face's "Ghost Town Barber" (OG Base) for software. I normally use a Tatara Razor Masamune if I'm in a hurry and I'll use a straight razor if I have the time!

1663537774780.gif
Hi @Phantom of the Shave ,

Welcome to the forum! If you’re looking to make some friends, you came to the right place! We have a lot of fun around here and even have weekly zoom calls which are always a great time. Watch for the Sunday zoom call thread and if you’re interested we have a Tuesday night game night as well.
I’m a straight razor user as well and I look forward to seeing your posts in the shave of the day threads! Do you hone as well?
Do you have a favorite straight razor?

Again, welcome!

Matt

Hi Matt!

I use a Boker Carbon Elite. That razor comprises my whole straight razor collection at the moment. I don't hone myself, but I would like to learn in the future!
A very nice razor! I do not own one myself, but I know they are well made and have a wonderful shape. 99% of my collection is made up of vintage razors, let us know if you’re interested in going that route and we can definitely help with pointers if needed. Also, If you’d like to learn to hone at some point in the future we have a honing videos thread and any one of us would be happy to help you get started any way we can.

Welcome to the Cadre.

If you have any questions fell free to ask them, we have lots of helpful folks here.

Back