The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Hello!

shadowman12

Shave Member
Hi, I'm shadowman12 and I live in Utrecht the Netherlands. I'm 32 years old. I joined here because I stumbled across some YouTube video's from BarberDave where he mentioned his forum ;)
I have been wet shaving for 5 years but since this year I upped my game and started collecting different artisan soaps and switched to straight razors, I have recently acquired some razors from Koraat, and another one is currently in production for me, but Ulrik has a wait-list of 10 weeks now.
My biggest interest is currently in honing and straight razors (I do hone my own razors). Also a big fan of brushes and knots from Declaration Grooming and Leonidam.
Some soaps also catch my interest like Noble Otter, Barrister and Mann, Saponificio Varesino, Storybook Soapworks, Australian Private Reserve
Hope to share my knowledge here and meet you all.

Welcome! Looks like you have so high class shaving going! Glad you could join in.

It's nice to see a different perspective of shaving from Europe. What are you currently using for your honing?

Koraat Blades are NICE, can’t go wrong there. Same with Saponaficio Varesinio soaps, good stuff. You set your bar high. Good to have you here.

It's nice to see a different perspective of shaving from Europe. What are you currently using for your honing?
The shaving perspective is not much different from what I see on other forums.

I have a two progressions:
  • Naniwa 1k
  • Naniwa 3k
  • Naniwa 5k
  • Naniwa 8k
  • Jnat (Shobudani) /Thurigian Yellow/Green for finishing

• Naniwa 1k for bevel set
  • Coticule
  • Jnat (Shobudani)/Thurigian Yellow/Green for finishing
Koraat Blades are NICE, can’t go wrong there. Same with Saponaficio Varesinio soaps, good stuff. You set your bar high. Good to have you here.
This is my razor now. Yes SV soaps are awesome, Cubebe is my favorite.

Welcome! I was just on the Koraat site the other day.

Yes checkout his photo gallery and you will be blown what he made over the years. Ulrik is a former goldsmith so his attention to detail is insane.

Last edited:
Welcome to TSC @shadowman12 ! It looks like you will fit in just fine here! I follow Leonidam Brushes on Instagram and LOVE the way they look. Those brushes certainly are lookers. Thanks for stopping by! Hope we see more of you!

Welcome to TSC @shadowman12 ! It looks like you will fit in just fine here! I follow Leonidam Brushes on Instagram and LOVE the way they look. Those brushes certainly are lookers. Thanks for stopping by! Hope we see more of you!
This is my most recent I got a few weeks ago from Leonidam Molten Sapphire
d8e6362edbf6d85136e9a256bd3215a9.jpg

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Back