The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Hello from Rhode Island

Welcome!

1642251333057.gif

Tell us a little about yourself? How long have you been traditional wet shaving? Do you have any favorites? Razors? Soaps? Brushes?

Glad to have you here!

I’ve been wet shaving since 1977. I’ve never actually used cartridges because my grandfather, a barber, said always still with a DE or a straight cartridges will be bad for your skin.

I’m a big fan of old Gillette razors like everyone else as it’s what I started with. I use modern razors also with Timeless being a favorite. i love the brushes by Colorado Razor Designs and Alpha. As for soaps Hendrix, Wickham and Stirling top the list.

Happy to be here!

That’s a great get to know you! Looks like you have the gamut covered and you will definitely find us a group that share your interests! And the others will be around shortly - they’re getting their beauty sleep (they were up late last night talking about razors and whisk(e)y) 😂

Gillette, Timeless, Stirling...yep you'll fit right in. Welcome and enjoy.

Welcome aboard! Any great shaving advice or techniques from your barber grandfather that have served you well?

Back