The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Hello from New Jersey

I've been wet shaving since I shunned my father's gift of an electric razor and bought a Bic disposable and a can of foamin' goo. Then my wife bought me an Art of Shaving medium travel kit containing some shaving cream, pre-shave oil, post shave balm and a small pure badger brush for Christmas in 2014 (I think). Always open to chatting about anything. Shaving. Music. Food. Coffee. Cars. Anything. Glad to be here.

Welcome to the cadre. Looks like you'll fit in well

Hey howdy. Always happy to have new topics pop up.

Welcome MntnMan! What gear are you into currently?

You asked a good question. After trying lots of razors I believe I have finally settled on one that is just perfect for my face and my technique, such as it is. The vintage Gillette New Deluxe has been giving me some really superior shaves lately. I have it sitting on an Ikon Bulldog 85mm matte finish handle. And I find the Gillette Silver Blues to be sharp and smooth leaving me with a BBS shave and little if any alum feedback. My brush of choice is an Alpha T-400 handle with an Envy Shave Luxury Silvertip knot. I like to bowl lather so I've been using what most people call the Aesop lather bowl.

Welcome. I don’t use DE’s much these days but I love the vintage Gillettes and have a huge selection tucked away. The “new” is fantastic but I find the 1940’s superspeed and Aristocrat top of the heap. I agree the gsb blades are awesome.

Back