The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Hello from Munich, Germany

utei

Shave Newbie
My name is Uwe, aged 69 and located in Munich Germany.
My father only used electr. razors. But my granddad had a single boar brush with very little hair left (the brush) when I was very small.
After using my dad‘s electr. razor to start with I moved out aged 18 and started wet shaving with a Gillette Techmatic. After the army I was wearing a full beard for nearly a decade. In 1977 I started wet shaving again with a Gillette Contour Plus, then already using various badger brushes and soaps with it.
Only August 2018, after retiring, I started DE shaving as a hobby. I do prefer mild razors R89, Rockwell 6C, GameChanger and now Karve. And as I love the soaps and the exercise I normally do 4-5 passes until the lather is gone.
I do enjoy my shaves every single day.

Welcome Uwe! Glad you could join us!

Is your grandfather’s brush still around? What kinds of soaps do you like using?

Woohoo! More Techmatic love! Or at least mention of it. Welcome!

Welcome Uwe! Glad you could join us!

Is your grandfather’s brush still around? What kinds of soaps do you like using?
No sorry, this is just a child's memory from the late 50s, early 60s.
I do like hard pucks, but not only. I have soaps form SV, Extro, PAA, First Line Shave and also Razorock etc. Unfortunately Calani, a German soap maker, and also I Coloniali do not produce any longer.

Back