The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Hello From Missouri

jmarlow

Shave Newbie
Hello, long time traditional wet shaver from Missouri, but new to the Cadre. I enjoy my shaves, but don't over think them. Outside of enjoying the old school art of shaving, I'm a Christian husband and father. Enjoy the great outdoors and spending time with the family. Thanks for the great community.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Welcome to The Cadre! What part of the state are you from? I’m in Warrensburg.

Welcome from another fellow MO resident in the KC area.

Welcome @jmarlow ! Glad you could join.

What are some of your favorite traditional shaving items currently?
Well, I really only have experience with the vintage razors. I have a few techs, TTOs, and a couple of adjustable (Slim and Black Beauty). I enjoy those a great deal, but the DE I've been reaching for a lot lately is my Grand Shave King.

As far as the other goods go, I've not tried a lot of soaps and creams, but haven't really found one I haven't liked. That said, I have been enjoying proraso red soap as of recent.

I've only got the one brush that I've had for over 20 years. Lol. It's a Burma Shave synthetic brush from the late 90's early 2000's. I find it does a good job though. I would like to try a horse or boar hair brush though. I've thought about a badger, but from what I've read, I think I'd prefer the characteristics of a boar more.

Well, I really only have experience with the vintage razors. I have a few techs, TTOs, and a couple of adjustable (Slim and Black Beauty). I enjoy those a great deal, but the DE I've been reaching for a lot lately is my Grand Shave King.

As far as the other goods go, I've not tried a lot of soaps and creams, but haven't really found one I haven't liked. That said, I have been enjoying proraso red soap as of recent.

I've only got the one brush that I've had for over 20 years. Lol. It's a Burma Shave synthetic brush from the late 90's early 2000's. I find it does a good job though. I would like to try a horse or boar hair brush though. I've thought about a badger, but from what I've read, I think I'd prefer the characteristics of a boar more.

Great list! There’s so much good stuff out there, it’s hard to go wrong!

Welcome from a fellow Missourian. Originally from St. Louis, but have lived at the Lake of the Ozarks the last 14 years. Sounds like a new brush is in your future. The new synthetics are really a world apart from the old. I am partial to horse and boar myself. Neither will break the bank.

Welcome from a fellow Missourian. Originally from St. Louis, but have lived at the Lake of the Ozarks the last 14 years. Sounds like a new brush is in your future. The new synthetics are really a world apart from the old. I am partial to horse and boar myself. Neither will break the bank.
Thanks! Nice to know there are others. :-) Yeah, I need to invest. Lol. I think I would really like a boar brush. Then, once we can all travel again, hang on to this one for a travel brush.

Any recommendations on a good but reasonably priced boar brushes. Was thinking Omega maybe, unless there are any reasonable made in the USA?

Back