The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Hello from Colorado

Shavin’ Yeti

Sr. Shave Member
I just started wet shaving in August and love it. I’m here to learn more about this great way of shaving. I got into wet shaving because I was tired of underperforming, expensive cartridge razors. I really enjoy discovering new soaps and aftershaves ( so far I’m enjoying this a little too much). Looking forward to reading great posts about shaving.

Welcome. Definitely get in on that awesome new guy PIF going on, get involved and fall in love with the place.

I started with a 1951 Gillette super speed. Then found my birthyear Gillette super slim. Then wanted to try a new razor to compare with my vintage razors. Decided to get a Rockwell 6C and really like the shaves it gives me. Then last week stumbled upon a 1959 Gillette Fatboy and had to get it. I have been rotating razors every week, but the Rockwell is my favorite so far.
As for soaps, I have several from Stirling, two from Proraso, and a couple of singles from Barrister and Mann, Razorock, & Col.Conk.
My brush is a Razorock tricolor Italian flag Plisson. ( just ordered a Yaqi synthetic)

I started with a 1951 Gillette super speed. Then found my birthyear Gillette super slim. Then wanted to try a new razor to compare with my vintage razors. Decided to get a Rockwell 6C and really like the shaves it gives me. Then last week stumbled upon a 1959 Gillette Fatboy and had to get it. I have been rotating razors every week, but the Rockwell is my favorite so far.
As for soaps, I have several from Stirling, two from Proraso, and a couple of singles from Barrister and Mann, Razorock, & Col.Conk.
My brush is a Razorock tricolor Italian flag Plisson. ( just ordered a Yaqi synthetic)
You're a man of great taste.

Welcome to the cadre! Great gear so far. You'll probably get lots of recommendations along the way! Let us know if we can be of any help.

Welcome to the Cadre. We're an eccentric bunch, but don't be afraid to chime in on our various conversations in all the threads.

Welcome! I see you are in acquisition mode already! You will find most of the guys ready and willing to help you find more stuff! 😆

Boy howdy! Welcome. I was born in Colorado and learned to ski in blue jeans on the Rockies back in the day. Good to have you.

Welcome to TSC! Yes we all get into this shave hobby of ours to save money...we all end up taking out loans to buy the things we NEED! Pull up a chair and jump in a conversation!

Back