The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Hello all from KC MO.

OpusX

TSC’s Master of Warp Cores, Alchemy, Ale, & Cider
Hello and thanks to all for having me here. New to the forum but not to the shave. I recently came back into the hobby hard after reviewing supply back stocks and finding them lacking. After buying a bunch of blades and Chris' soaps, my various shave acquisition diseases are in full swing, so of course I needed to join here to help share in the fun.

Hey Neighbor! Welcome to the Cadre. I'm in Warrensburg, but we have a few members from the KC area. We are looking to have a meetup soonish, hopefully. The COVID has put a damper on that for now. But stick around to learn more! Glad to have you here.

Last edited:
That would be excellent. Not sure how many members maybe BOTLs also but there is a good local shop that would be a great meetup.

Thanks to all. Not my first forum (shave or otherwise) and this group seems fun already.

Hey, welcome. I was hoping you would find your way here. I think you’ll have a lot of fun and DEFINITELY find people to help feed your acquisition disorders.
@Spider this guy Loves the dragons blood too...must be a KC thing, like bbq sauce or something.

Hey, welcome. I was hoping you would find your way here. I think you’ll have a lot of fun and DEFINITELY find people to help feed your acquisition disorders.
@Spider this guy Loves the dragons blood too...must be a KC thing, like bbq sauce or something.
It took a minute to find, but here I am. Also you're right the BBQ makes us a spicey bunch. Good thing your DB supply is potent.

Welcome @OpusX ! Glad you could join us.

Nice to see you’re already hooked on Chris’ soaps. What do you enjoy for razors and brushes?

@GearNoir brushes were another reason for the return to the forms as my long time work horse (Crabtree and Evelyn Pure Badger) is giving up the ghost after a decade of dedicated work. I have a few Yaqi's in bound to replace and sample more current options.

As for razors the selection varies. I have mostly vintage Gillettes, and favor my Slim Adjustable, yet my Maggard MR5 and, of all things, the Ming Shi 2000s, are capturing my interest of late.

@GearNoir brushes were another reason for the return to the forms as my long time work horse (Crabtree and Evelyn Pure Badger) is giving up the ghost after a decade of dedicated work. I have a few Yaqi's in bound to replace and sample more current options.

As for razors the selection varies. I have mostly vintage Gillettes, and favor my Slim Adjustable, yet my Maggard MR5 and, of all things, the Ming Shi 2000s, are capturing my interest of late.
Solid choices! One of my favorite synthetics is a Yaqi. Great quality for so little!

Howdy and welcome! From your name I assume you’re also into cigars?

Howdy and welcome! From your name I assume you’re also into cigars?
Why would anyone smoke a penguin?
s-l300.jpg

Back