The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Have to share this.

Dragonsbeard

Shave Enthusiast
Artisan Retailer
Ok so I know that some of you might think I’m a little out there when it comes to making things but it’s just my nature to explore new paths.

So I have a good customer who I call a friend and he asked me to make him a Custom F Base Shave Soap and a matching Hybrid Skin Food Splash. An he wanted Sage! Noting but Sage. He’s proud of his Native American Heritage and Sage is something he has used all his life.
Well at first I thought ok that’s not to difficult as I’ve got some really nice Sage Essential Oils but then I started to think, isn’t it a tradition to burn Sage or what’s called “ Smudging “ so I’m like maybe I can infuse some Sagebrush and some Sage Leaves. I ordered some from a Native American tribe out west and the first step was to infuse them both. So did that and that’s not the first infusion I’ve done as some of you know. Then made the Shave Soap. Well after that I had another idea so I discussed it with my assistant he liked the idea. So he and myself Smoked the Shave Soap! Later we also built a smoke tent and smoked the Skin Food Splash. I did end up adding some Sage Essential Oil in the two products but the smoking process infused so much scent into the shave soap as the Smoked Sage scent was so strong I didn’t need a add a lot of the Sage essential oil to the products.

We took some photos of the Smoking process of the Shave Soap but since we both had our hands full we didn’t take any photos of when we smoked the Skin Food Splash. We had to transfer the shave soap to a Pyrex dish if your wondering.

This whole experience not only was a lot of fun but it has opened up all kinds of possibilities for future projects. I may be wrong but I’m pretty sure this was a first and I’m damn proud of what Gino ( my assistant) and myself accomplished with this experiment.

I love the smell and I’m hoping my customer does as well.

So check out the photos

Great shaves all

3258398D-6002-49A1-8213-A4F0EC9DD2CD.jpeg

03C0B785-DE94-4F65-BEBB-8208E0682337.jpeg

36FFC657-1AA7-42F8-9F3D-7DCD69BA85E0.jpeg

B6C79B75-EB27-4A82-AC42-D451CC9CD40D.jpeg

Hi Guys

I have been thinking about this and the fact a few of you mentioned you’d like one I think I’ll make some as a regular release. This way we can do a bigger batch.

I was also thinking of a smoked Pine for Christmas time.. any thoughts on that one?

Thanks for the input!

😊👍🏼

As long it has tons of citrus and a splash of a boozy note and then no pine whatsoever - I’m good With that 😂

1655925938342.jpeg

Just kidding - I love your products - but I’d be better off in a desert than a forest. Ewoks hate me. Keep up all the fantastic stuff that you do!

By the way- just got my Iced Dragon drops and my Melange D’Agrumes AS - you rock!

Back