The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Happy Holidays and Once Again Thank you TSC!!!

Scuttlesoap

TSC Yoda
Veteran
Concierge Emeritus
My friends - there are so many things to be thankful for during this holiday season - but I would be remiss if I didn’t thank each and everyone of you for this forum - you are a very special community and I am blessed to have had this opportunity each day to communicate, felllowship, joke, and share with each of you.

I was thinking of what is the best way to describe this community…….what is it that Barber Dave, Chris, and Chad have created……..and it came to me the other day, and I can‘t think of a better way to describe TSC, nor a better way to give it a compliment. And the answer is in a 1980’s tv SITCOM. What those three gents have given us is Cheers. There are many reasons why people come here, just like in Cheers……some are just here for the shaving hobby, some because they have knowledge and experience they want to impact, and some just to have a place to hang out. F

For me, I was going through a challenging bump in life like we all do from time to time - I didn’t belong to any social media groups - I was tired of them and watching the news - really I just wanted a break.

I was watching one of Barber Dave’s videos and he mentioned the Zoom calls that they held every Sunday. I had watched other videos from Chad - and all my kids love watching Spider shave…. And the logo was in each of the videos…..so I thought I’d check it out. I didn’t participate at first - other than to read people’s comments. But again, watched Barber Dave who mentioned the Zoom again……so my very first post on this group was to sign up for the Zoom…….and the rest is history. I found a place that I thoroughly enjoy….I never thought I’d post a shaving picture, never thought I’d watch a football game just to see a ref, love that CBL has a Princess Bride Line……and just in awe of our in house barber’s shave skills!

I think what makes this place best is that we have disparate backgrounds, experiences, likes, and opnions……but what matters is this is a place to get away from it all. Our three owners have found a way to let people know they are heard and appreciated - and this is a place of respect - it’s ok to disagree, and it’s fun to joke around. And like Cheers (it wasn’t a perfect place - there is the situation part of every sitcom) - there are times when they gentle remind what really is important and that is each other.

So let me say thank you to our three owners - thank you for this place and thank you Cadre members for your friendship and fellowship - you really do rock! And thank you to our artisans - especially those on the TSC - for making our hobby possible. I’d also like to give a special thanks to CBL Soaps and Ginger’s Garden - because they found a way to make scents that helped me get my son interested is self care - he loves the Grape Soda from CBL and the Cotton Candy from Ginger’s!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

1640289764400.jpeg

1640289793678.jpeg

Last edited:
Very well said Brian and we feel the same although I guess we could be insulted you fell asleep at the New Year’s Eve party last year but will give you another chance this year hope you and your family have a happy holiday merry Christmas and a good new year

My friends - there are so many things to be thankful for during this holiday season - but I would be remiss if I didn’t thank each and everyone of you for this forum - you are a very special community and I am blessed to have had this opportunity each day to communicate, felllowship, joke, and share with each of you.

I was thinking of what is the best way to describe this community…….what is it that Barber Dave, Chris, and Chad have created……..and it came to me the other day, and I can‘t think of a better way to describe TSC, nor a better way to give it a compliment. And the answer is in a 1980’s tv SITCOM. What those three gents have given us is Cheers. There are many reasons why people come here, just like in Cheers……some are just here for the shaving hobby, some because they have knowledge and experience they want to impact, and some just to have a place to hang out. F

For me, I was going through a challenging bump in life like we all do from time to time - I didn’t belong to any social media groups - I was tired of them and watching the news - really I just wanted a break.

I was watching one of Barber Dave’s videos and he mentioned the Zoom calls that they held every Sunday. I had watched other videos from Chad - and all my kids love watching Spider shave…. And the logo was in each of the videos…..so I thought I’d check it out. I didn’t participate at first - other than to read people’s comments. But again, watched Barber Dave who mentioned the Zoom again……so my very first post on this group was to sign up for the Zoom…….and the rest is history. I found a place that I thoroughly enjoy….I never thought I’d post a shaving picture, never thought I’d watch a football game just to see a ref, love that CBL has a Princess Bride Line……and just in awe of our in house barber’s shave skills!

I think what makes this place best is that we have disparate backgrounds, experiences, likes, and opnions……but what matters is this is a place to get away from it all. Our three owners have found a way to let people know they are heard and appreciated - and this is a place of respect - it’s ok to disagree, and it’s fun to joke around. And like Cheers (it wasn’t a perfect place - there is the situation part of every sitcom) - there are times when they gentle remind what really is important and that is each other.

So let me say thank you to our three owners - thank you for this place and thank you Cadre members for your friendship and fellowship - you really do rock! And thank you to our artisans - especially those on the TSC - for making our hobby possible. I’d also like to give a special thanks to CBL Soaps and Ginger’s Garden - because they found a way to make scents that helped me get my son interested is self care - he loves the Grape Soda from CBL and the Cotton Candy from Ginger’s!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

View attachment 71015

View attachment 71016
Hear! Hear!

😍

Back