The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Happy Birthday Marine Corps! You are 246 Years Old Today!

dangerousdon

"I am Udderly Insufferable”
Veteran
Concierge Emeritus
Today is a glorious day! It is the day that in 1775, the Second Continental Congress put forth a resolution that "two battalions of Marines be raised." This resolution was drafted in the most respected and distinguished of places. A place that was known to all as a place of diplomacy and debate. This resolution was drafted in a bar! The birthplace of the Marine Corps is given credit to a place called Tun Tavern in Philadelphia, PA. Thus...the greatest fighting force the world has known was born...and the world had no idea what was about to hit it!

As I said...today is a glorious day. Today I get to share a drink with brothers and sisters of the greatest fraternity. Today I will raise a glass to those who served before me. I will raise a glass with those I celebrate today. And I will say a prayer for those who come after me.

I will pay my respects by reviewing some history...by reliving some memories...and by remembering those who should be here to share a drink with.

To all my beloved brothers and sisters...to the Leathernecks, to the Devil Dogs, the Teufel Hunden, I say Semper Fidelis!

"The Marines' Hymn"

From the halls of Montezuma,
To the shores of Tripoli,
We fight our country’s battles
In the air, on land, and sea.
First to fight for right and freedom,
And to keep our honor clean,
We are proud to claim the title
Of United States Marines.​

Our flag’s unfurl’d to every breeze
From dawn to setting sun;
We have fought in every clime and place
Where we could take a gun.
In the snow of far-off northern lands
And in sunny tropic scenes,
You will find us always on the job
The United States Marines.​

Here’s health to you and to our Corps
Which we are proud to serve;
In many a strife we’ve fought for life
And never lost our nerve.
If the Army and the Navy
Ever look on Heaven’s scenes,
They will find the streets are guarded
By United States Marines.​

MGN_1280x720_91108C00-GPIJM.jpg

Man, The Marine Corps is OLD!!!

1636562906876.jpeg

71CqdotldXL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

So to help preserve your dignity, we got you this!
9e12b672cb286102bd5d4a6a2584d82c--funny-stuff-cool-stuff.jpg

So you can still go Pew, Pew, Pew...
2e79f4da34f31b58530efb9a3ffb93e2.jpg

We've got this!

SUPER-BOWL-LV-FLYOVER-2021-02-07-012B.jpg

But seriously....

Happy Birthday Marines!
GettyImages-954896356.jpg

1636563439438.jpeg

My father-in-law was a Marine. Sadly, he died when my wife was less than a year old. But for Michael Paul Marriott, proud Marine and aspiring stunt man, I will raise a glass tonight. Semper Fi!!

My father-in-law was a Marine. Sadly, he died when my wife was less than a year old. But for Michael Paul Marriott, proud Marine and aspiring stunt man, I will raise a glass tonight. Semper Fi!!
Your Father-In-Law celebrates and feasts in the Halls of Gods and Warriors!

Happy Birthday to our Marine Brothers! Given that today is your day - I’ll take a day off from my jabs. Enjoy it my friends - and bless everyone for their service and sacrifices!

marine-crayon-eater1.jpg

CSYDBKJMSNHELJWOT2ZDGRZRVM.jpg
]images (1).jpg[/SPOILER
Happy Birthday all you crayon eaters.....Hahaha

Last edited:
You know...the whole crayon eating thing must be recent. Because at any other time people would be too afraid to say that crap to a Marine's face!

Happy Birthday Devil Dogs! I always appreciated Marines, as you guys did not bleed all over my helicopter like the Army & Navy guys did LOL

You know...the whole crayon eating thing must be recent. Because at any other time people would be too afraid to say that crap to a Marine's face!
yeah and of course you know its just ribbing between branches like this one...
edited-1.jpg

Anyway Happy Birthday to the USMC.......
marine-corps-birthday-usmc.jpg
20_1109_mgmt_marine-corps-bday-2020_v3.jpg

Back