The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Halloween Shaving Products

Spider

"The Cadre Constable"
Veteran
Legacy
Concierge
So as we approach my favorite Holiday, let’s talk about those Soap/Aftershave/Cologne products or sets that are befitting of the scariest time of the year.

Maybe it’s the scent that makes you think about Halloween, or going out trick or treating….. or maybe it’s the packaging or the theme of the product that puts you in the fall holiday mood. Whatever it means to you!

Also, got a cool Halloween Themed shaving brush or razor? Show it off! Let’s see them!

Got the inside scoop on a new/upcoming holiday release?? Give up the goods!

I’ve done my best to gather up the ones I have, am interested in, or have heard about. But I’m sure there’s a lot of stuff out there that I don’t know about, or releases from artisans that aren’t on my radar. So please let us know if you know about something that I haven’t listed!

Here are some of my favorites!

Southern Witchcrafts (pretty much their whole catalog fits the theme)
Anthropophagy: Tonka bean, musk, lavender, cotton, amyris wood, hedione

Autumn Ash: Maple, spice, smoke, amber, cedar, oud, rain, plum, blackberry, ash, birch tar, pumpkin, coffee, dirt, mildew

Carpathia: Evergreen forest, musk, herbs, rose, coffee, and tea

Carmilla: Amber, vanilla, frankincense, sweet florals, musk, oakmoss, nag champa

Desairology: Sandalwood, musk, oakmoss, citrus, lavender, vanilla, oud, burnt white sage, burnt palo santo, gardenia

Druantia: Cedar, Oakmoss, Rosewood, Moss, Cypress, Tobacco, Fungus, Sandalwood, Mitsutake, Myrrh, Amber, Orange, Ginger

Grave Fruit: Green Mango, Bergamot, Yuzu, White Grapefruit, Pear, Cedarwood, Elemi, Frankincense, Vetiver, Freesia, Aldehydes, Ho Wood, Sandalwood, Costus, Jasmine Sambac

Lycanthropy: Fir tree, lilac, musk, mildew, moss, Egyptian jasmine, palo santo, white sage, ozone

Necromantic: Wisteria, rose, honey, red wine, dirt, ozone

Pomona: Honey, red wine, apple, spice, honeysuckle

Samhain: Bourbon, tobacco, pumpkin, sandalwood, nutmeg, oud, incense, amber, vanilla, hazelnut, charred wood, musk

Tres Matres: Amber, Oakmoss, Damp Earth, Rosewood, Lavender, Almond, Calla lily, Cotton, Aldehydes, Grapefruit, Ginger, Ambergris, Ozone, Peach

Oz Shaving Co.
Fullmoon:
Amber, fresh dirt, campfire, gunpowder, fir, and pine with hints of matted fur, and the rusty iron of blood.

Jack Pumpkin Head: Our take on Pumpkin Spice is tempered with oud wood and incense, then brightened with nutmeg, and cinnamon, and finally topped with a boozy pumpkin lager.

40 Crows: A deep dark base of Oakmoss and Amber, with a small hint of Patchouli. The mid notes contain Neroli, rose and dried leaves and the top notes blend bergamot with lemon.

Central Texas Soaps
The Saw:
Metallic notes with damp dark woods followed by smokey notes on the end.

Stirling Soap Co.
Autumn Glory:
Imagine walking through the damp woods on a brisk fall morning with the falling leaves in all their autumn glory.

Pumpkin Spice: A seasonal blend of pumpkin, all spice, and nutmeg. (I don’t have this one)

Witchy Woman: Reminiscent of fruit punch on a gorgeous spring day. Inspired by Love Spell by Victoria's Secret. (Yeah, it’s a women’s scent, but I still love it!)

The Holy Black
Jeckyll & Hyde:
One Fragrance, split into its elemental parts. Made for each other, made from each other; made to be mixed, or worn on their own. Vetiver and Wood are the central theme for this falls release.
Dr. Jeckyll is bright, green, woody and slightly citrus. The Refined Vetiver and Sandalwood base notes are strong upfront while lilting citrus notes make this an ideal scent for the warmer fall days. The lighter side of this combo, Dr. Jeckyll is perfectly balanced all on its own.
Mr. Hyde is dark, brooding; evil. Raw Unrefined Vetiver, Patchouli and Sandalwood create an earthy, heavier feel diametrically opposed to Dr. Jeckyll yet decidedly similar. An almost imperceptible hint of amber helps round this long lasting scent. Animalistic and powerful, Mr. Hyde is the epitome of masculinity without being overbearing.

The Tell-Tale Heart: Dragonsblood imparts a familiar powdery incense note and dominates the initial exposure to the scent. Oud(agar/aloeswood) brings a dark, almost dank feeling to the overall fragrance here as subtler notes of teak, cedar and sandalwood balance out the wood accord. Almost strangely floral, this fragrance cannot be truly appreciated until it has a chance to interact with your body chemistry. As it changes, it's subtle nuances become apparent. (I wish now that I’d gotten in on this one)

Black Magic: Fresh Tobacco, Tobacco Absolute, Tonka Absolute, Madagascar Vanilla, Bourbon, Oak, Cacao, Espresso, Dried Fruit and Spices. (I’m not sure how I missed this set. Never heard about it until I was looking things up today. Sad I missed out on it.)

Barrister & Mann
Hallows:
We combine vetiver, oakmoss, black pepper, cocoa, labdanum, and cedar to produce a deep, cold scent suited to the chilly, bitter days of late October.

Fougère Gothique: Notes of lavender, oakmoss, tonka, balsam fir, bergamot, vetiver, geranium, cedar, earth, sandalwood, musk, leather, and tuberose are darkened by the touch of Hell, kissed with the essence of ashes and the smoldering flame.

Fougère Angelique: Lime, Lavender, Lemon, Neroli, Geranium, Tonka Bean, Cedar, Balsam Fir, Sandalwood, Smoldering Flame, Oakmoss.

Lyssa: We combine rose, geranium, ashes, nutmeg, saffron, sage, oud, labdanum, oakmoss, patchouli, tobacco, and violets to produce a working zombie repellent.

Terror: Inspired by the grisly legend of the British warships Terror and Erebus, our Terror aftershave balm gives new meaning to bitter cold. We blended frankincense (the smell of ship’s timbers) with the very essence of cold water to bring to mind the empty wastes of the Arctic Circle, and have incorporated our custom blend of cooling agents to bring an insidious, endless chill to the experience.

Caties Bubbles
322:
A blend of Haitian Vetiver and Patchouli essential oils combined with the absolutes of oakmoss and black currant.

RazoRock
Plague Doctor:
Top Notes: Peony, Heart Notes: Musk, Base Notes: Vetiver, White Cedar, Patchouli

Mudder Focker: Top Notes: Bergamot, Anise, Pineapple, Heart Notes: Jasmine, Violet, Base Notes: Amber, Musk, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Hay, Tonka Bean, Patchouli, Thuja

First Line Shave
Fallout:
Inspired by the Fragrance "Tuxedo". Top note: Violet Leaf Accord, Bergamot Oil, Coriander Seed Oil. Middle note: Rose Oil, Lily of the Valley Accord, Black Pepper Oil. Base note: Ambergris Accord, Patchouli Heart, Vanilla Bourbon

Here’s a few others I found, that I do not have.

Declaration Grooming
Massacre of the Innocents:
Top notes: cinnamon and pepper wood. Heart: osmanthus, tobacco leaf, labdanum and incense. Base: vanilla, cedar, vetiver, patchouli, iso e super, cypriol and musk.

Phoenix and Beau
Whitechapel: (2017)
Smoke, leather, sweet and dark, Whitechapel is an accord of six notes. Vetiver accommodates the profiles smokey edge, whilst sandalwood and leather reinforce its deep base with their thick richness. A hint of chocolate traces its way through the profile like a wispy London fog and jasmine and ylang-ylang provide a soft floral contrast to the profiles dark heart.

Baskerville: (2018) Inspired by the 17th century Russian method of curing leather with birch tar this scent also takes inspiration from Cuir de Russia. It smells of dark moorland and smoke. Labdanum, frankincense and cedarwood combine with the sweetness of tonka bean and the earthiness of vetiver. The smokey oiliness of birch tar presents itself at the end of the scent and binds everything together.

Night Witch: An homage and doffing of cap to the staple classic that is the Shulton Companies classic scent 'Old Spice'.

Van Yulay
Drunkin Pumpkin:
Pumpkin, menthol, black pepper, blood orange, fresh dirt, absinthe

Frosted Pumpkin: Pine Cone, Spiced Pumpkin, Menthol.

Muerte: Dirt, Driftwood, Sandalwood, Galbanum , Patchouli, Cardamom,Hatati Vetiver, Frankincense & Myrrh, White Pepper, Lavender, Jasmine, Oakmoss, Violet, Ylang-Ylang.

Opulent Pumpkin: Pumpkin, cinnamon,Bergamot, Blackberry, Malt Whiskey, Patchouli, Vanilla, oak , Coffee, Amber, musk, and caramel.

Pineumpkin: Pineapple & Pumpkin.

Pumpkin Bread: Like Pumpkin bread straight out of the oven.

Salted Caramel Pumpkin: A caramel sweet, and complex drizzle underneath a perfect pumpkin with notes intertwines with a spice cabinet of cinnamon, clove, allspice, kissed with sugar. Hints of nutmeg and fruits peek out from the heart notes.

Screaming Pumpkin: Pumpkin, smoke, Ceyanne pepper, Rum, and triple menthol.

Spooky Hollar: This soap is so different. I wanted to make a pumpkin soap but that is boring, so let me bring you into the dark night with a heavy musk, dirt, birch tar, civet, leather, amber and of course pumpkin notes in the back ground. It is blended so well I needed to send it over the top. So of course after being chased by those werewolves you need a gin & tonic. So yes this one has a drizzle of tonic over the top. Notes of juniper berry, coriander, grapefruit, lemon, orange, clove, anglelic root, fennel ad cassia bark.

Sweet Autumn Pumpkin: Sweet Autumn pumpkin is a perfect pumpkin pie with the warming touch of cinnamon and clove.With real added pumpkin you will have to resist eating this one. Sweet sugary maple adds the finishing touch to this fabulous fall fragrance.

Dr. Jon’s
Flowers in the Dark:
Lavender with earthy, woody undertones.

13: Oud, Hedione, Musk and Iso-E Super this fragrance is dark, musky and floral all at the same time.

Soapy Bathman
Black Magic:
This scent is such a manly and complex fragrance with hints of sandalwood, cedarwood, lemon and bergamot dancing with ylang, lavender, rose. Then allowing warm amber,coriander, patchouli, and spicy vanilla to cut in before the night is over.

Zombie Apocalypse: ?? I couldn’t find the scent notes on this one.

Also, in my search for Halloween Soaps, I discovered the artisan Humphrey’s Handmade. They make a glycerine base soap with added Argan oil, Calendula extract, sunflower oil, and aloe. They are a bargain at $5 per puck. And they have tons of Halloween themed scents, including:

Baba Yaga, Bigfoot, Bonfire, Boomstick, Buffalo Bill, Chupacabra, Cthulu, Dr. Moreau, Golem, Little Soap of Horrors (Glow in the dark soap), Killer Clown, Lovecraft (Glow in the dark soap), Monkey’s Paw (@The Monkey), Mutant, Nevermore, Not The Beeeeeees!, Pumpkin Spice, Redrum, Screamsickle, Spoopy, Sugar Skull, Toxic Zombie Farts (Glow in the dark soap), Vampire, Werewolf, Zombee, and Zombie Farts. That’s a lot of soap variety, and that’s not even their whole catalog!

I’m sure I’m missing a lot. There’s got to be some older releases that I could not find or some releases from artisans that are just not on my radar….. so what else do you have or have you heard of?

Upcoming Releases!

I’m not going to say where these are available, because it may be multiple places, and I don’t want to leave anyone out. If you are interested, just search for them, and you will find them.

Dr. Jon’s
Dracula:
English rose, dirt, woody, and a salty “bloody” note.

Mummy: Hints of exotic Egypt: jasmin, myrrh, cinnamon and stale tomb air.

Wolfman: An animalistic, musky scent with a sinister darkness. (@OpusX)

Shave till the Grave set. Includes all 3 scents (Soap & AS), a custom box, T-shirt, and Poster. (Pre-Order through Oct 5th from WCS.)

Oz Shaving
Fullmoon
(coming in a few weeks)

Southern Witchcrafts
Grave Fruit
(Was released today, sold out in 5 minutes)

Valley of Ashes (LE, Fall release)

Barrister & Mann
Hallows
(Pre-Order now for October release)

First Line Shave
Razor Ruby Undead
(Available 10-8-20) Top notes are bergamot, neroli and black pepper; Middle notes are jasmine, ginger, tobacco and cognac; Base notes are vanilla, patchouli and benzoin. Inspired by the fragrance Enigma

Phoenix & Beau
Empress Rising:
Exact Scent profile not yet finalized (Pre Order starts 10-1-20)

Strike Gold Shave
Talloween:
Scent and timeframe not final yet.

Just found these:

Ginger's Garden
Skully:
freshly turned, wet soil, notes of teakwood, cedar, mushrooms, wet leaves and green moss. A slight metal note adds to the earth element.

Dark Shadows: fragrant honey, cocoa, almond, orange,bergamot, vanilla and patchouli.

How did you like the Jack Pumpkin Head soap and splash? Is it really sweet or rich smelling?
Been a while since I've used it, so I can't exactly say. In general, I don't like Pumpkin scents, but I still bought it. Because of that I don't use it much.

Just saw this on WCS, free shipping as its a new item. Never tried this brand. Definitely Halloween themed though...

K Shave Worx Staggerin' Jack

2.4oz - ...partnered with Small Craft Brewing Company from Amityville, NY to bring this pumpkin beer to shave soap...Punkins" Beer from Small Craft is a blend of all of the awesome spices of a pumpkin pie combined with Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Fragrance Oil used combines pumpkin, nutmeg, and vanilla...Contains: Cinnamon and Gluten .

The soap is $10, AS is $9.
4796cb9ef131321c9f649f998de64b95.jpg

Here are the Paladin Halloween brushes I have from 2020.
I'll post the Halloween Paladins I have from 2017-2019 later, when I get some new pics taken.
Got a few other "Halloween" brushes form other makers as well.
1603909736917.pngB12

Back