The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Halloween 2021 Shaving Products

Spider

"The Cadre Constable"
Veteran
Legacy
Concierge
It’s that time of year again. Spooky season has officially begun. Soon artisans will be rolling out their seasonal scents and other products. So here is the place to post them when you find them.

I’ll start off with Paladin’s Halloween Event. Pre-Orders have started for their Halloween Brushes. 5 designs are available, in three handle colors, 2 finishing options, and 3 knot choices (including a synthetic).

Do you think Oz will be posting up Fullmoon again?

Looks like razor company still has some stock of last year’s Dr Jon’s series based on 1950’s horror movies. Not on Dr Jon’s site so maybe something new from them this year?

How about Murphy & McNeil Barbershop de los Muertos I & II?

I know that Apex Alchemy is coming out with a fall sampler with a nod to Halloween but it isn’y posted yet. I’ll post when they do.

And for Southern Witchcraft fans - they are releasing an updated version of Gravefruit - this time the scent will be done by Shawn Maher from Chantillon Lux who did their Fougere Nemeta

Do you think Oz will be posting up Fullmoon again?
Don’t know, their site hasn’t been updated much as of late. Not sure how active he is.

I’m hoping Central Texas Soaps brings back Saw.

Don’t know, their site hasn’t been updated much as of late. Not sure how active he is.
Yeah that was my concern as well. Guess I'll make what I have last a bit then.

Southern Witchcrafts is already out of stock on Samhain soap. Pretty sure that was still some of last years batch. I guess we'll see.

I got a Gravefruit II sample on its way

Also, just found out that First Line Shave is updating their Razor Ruby Undead this year

I got a Gravefruit II sample on its way

Also, just found out that First Line Shave is updating their Razor Ruby Undead this year
Let me know what you think of gravefruit. I couldn’t rationalize the shipping costing more than the sample.

Let me know what you think of gravefruit. I couldn’t rationalize the shipping costing more than the sample.
I went back and forth in the shipping as well…I’m curious about the scent because Shawn Maher is doing it - I wonder if it will be a departure from the earthy tones - the last one he did for SW was so bright and green

I went back and forth in the shipping as well…I’m curious about the scent because Shawn Maher is doing it - I wonder if it will be a departure from the earthy tones - the last one he did for SW was so bright and green
That’s what worries me. I’ve not been a fan of Shawn’s scents.

That’s what worries me. I’ve not been a fan of Shawn’s scents.
So I just received it today…. So let me put it this way - if you liked Fougére Nemeta, you most likely will find this enjoyable - there aren’t any green notes, but what I mean is that is is very fresh, almost clean type of scent base.

comparing it directly to version 1…gone are any of the dark, earthy notes from the original. Even the grapefruit is different- to me the original was deep ruby red grapefruit that was prevalent in the background even with the earthy notes. This version 2 grapefruit is more of a white grapefruit, light and almost to the point that you know it’s citrus, but you really have to focus on it to realize that it is grapefruit.

I think this one will appeal to the masses, but for the diehard SW fans that want that earthy tribute or appreciate the decay notes or pungent patchouli, this is a departure from that realm

Back