The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Had to share this

My son had gotten a couple different sets. He likes to shave

Paw patrol shaving? Oh man I have to get that for my son. Maybe get it for the daughter too to start working her legs.

I used to keep canned cream in the shower so the kids could paint the walls with it while I showered with them. I don’t recall any of my kids putting the cream on their face but they definitely rubbed it on the walls and themeselves. Since my boys have come of age I have supplied them with ‘real’ soap and brushes and they are quite capable of lathering and shaving themselves. My oldest is proficient enough with a straight razor his friends call on him for a close shave whenever they have an important event on the horizon. My youngest spent several years using a straight razor to maintain the clean cut look ROTC requires but once I gave him the Gillette techmatic and a bunch of replacement cartridges he has stuck with that. In fact, it’s been 2 years now that he has been using the techmatic ...and he has enough replacement cartridge replacements to last many years more.

Heck, even my older daughter uses a brush and soap. She has a lady Gillette but seems to want to use $ store cartridges more often.

it is kind of cool that a toy company would choose to make a shaving kit for kids, it says something about the way they perceive our kids and what’s important.

My son loves his kit. Most weekend shaves he is the bathroom with me shaving. He lathers in a plastic cereal bowl.

I used to keep canned cream in the shower so the kids could paint the walls with it while I showered with them. I don’t recall any of my kids putting the cream on their face but they definitely rubbed it on the walls and themeselves. Since my boys have come of age I have supplied them with ‘real’ soap and brushes and they are quite capable of lathering and shaving themselves. My oldest is proficient enough with a straight razor his friends call on him for a close shave whenever they have an important event on the horizon. My youngest spent several years using a straight razor to maintain the clean cut look ROTC requires but once I gave him the Gillette techmatic and a bunch of replacement cartridges he has stuck with that. In fact, it’s been 2 years now that he has been using the techmatic ...and he has enough replacement cartridge replacements to last many years more.

Heck, even my older daughter uses a brush and soap. She has a lady Gillette but seems to want to use $ store cartridges more often.

it is kind of cool that a toy company would choose to make a shaving kit for kids, it says something about the way they perceive our kids and what’s important.
2 years with the Techmatic, He's got KJ beat !!

Back