The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Grooming Department: Flight

GearNoir

“The Disney Princess’s Apprentice”
Grooming Department: Flight

Flight
- Beef tallow. Scent notes: Tomato Leaf, Clary Sage, Linden Blossom, Leather, Oud, Benzoin, Frankincense, Myrrh and Tobacco

Ingredients: Stearic Acid, Water, Beef Tallow, Kokum Butter, Potassium Hydroxide, Castor Oil, Shea Butter, Cupuacu Butter, Glycerin, Goat Milk, Sucrose Cocoate, Fragrance, Safflower Oil, Jojoba Oil, Meadowfoam Oil, Babassu Oil, Abyssinian Oil, Pomegranate Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Carnauba Wax, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Acacia Senegal Gum, Sodium Hydroxide, Sunflower Lecithin, Xanthan Gum, Allantoin, Chamomile Extract, Sea Buckthorn Extract, Sacha Inchi Extract, Grape Seed Extract, Kaolin Clay, Silk Peptides, Sodium Lactate, Sodium Citrate.

Initially, to my nose, Flight’s scent is almost reminiscent of Absinthe & Leather. Flight is just a bit more sharp and lifted in its scents from the darker/deeper A&L profile. It has almost exactly the same performance qualities as well. Perhaps it is the same base soap?

The sage and tobacco really pop out to me in this one. These more apparent notes with the overall scent is very pleasing pre, during, and post shave. For those worried about the strength of scent, it does mellow out a bit during the shave. Overall I’d place this right under A&L in terms of likability of scent and on par with it in terms of performance (both right under Coattails).

I must be a beef tallow guy because this soap just performed admirably all the way through the shave, much like it’s bretheren offerings. The slickness and glide was great for both my shavette and DE. I had to do a bit of extra clean up today, but a dab here and there of extra lather and it was no problem.

My skin felt very hydrated throughout the shave and the post shave “lather soak” was very nice. The last 5 days with Mohammed’s soaps have left my face feeling very pampered and the skin properly supple, which is nice when one spends most of the day sweating and working hard!

Do note that I have no vested interest in or affiliation with this company or product.

Do you have any experiences or thoughts in using Flight? Please share!

Lazarus! Thread revival....

This along with Incense&Rose are my most recent purchase. Just the wait time now. Hopefully I’ll receive them before the 2019 season........

Lazarus! Thread revival....

This along with Incense&Rose are my most recent purchase. Just the wait time now. Hopefully I’ll receive them before the 2019 season........

Awesome Gus! I enjoyed the scent a lot. The wait of fresh tomato leaf cuttings is quite nice!

Back