The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Greetings!

Welcome to The Cadre! You have found a great group of shavers that are amazing at answering any questions you might have. This is THE knowledge base of wet shaving.

What are your favorite soaps, aftershaves, razors, & blades?

Welcome to The Cadre! You have found a great group of shavers that are amazing at answering any questions you might have. This is THE knowledge base of wet shaving.

What are your favorite soaps, aftershaves, razors, & blades?

Thanks! My favorite soap so far has been Grooming Department etereo, and I like Declaration Grooming Milksteak base, but have only tried one scent, and it's not my favorite. I actually like TOBS creams, as well as the old standby Proraso Green.

My current "main" razor is a RazoRock Game Changer .84; I also have a nice 50's Gillette Tech that I use once in a while. I'm currently trying to tame a Blackland Dart, but it's giving me some challenges with it's blade forward design (super efficient razor, though).

Favorite blades are Polsilver SI, Wizamet SI, Feather, Voskhod, and Perma Sharp. I'm trying some Personnas now that are working out pretty good.

I actually haven't had much luck with aftershaves; I don't like the products with alcohol, and the several splashes that I've tried have WAY too strong a scent for my taste. I like something on the lighter side, so I typically just use Lucky Tiger After Shave & Face Tonic. (suggestions would be great in this area!)

Welcome to TSC! Looks like you have jumped in the conversation already. Can't wait to here more of you! Welcome to the Cadre!

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre

Glad you decided to join us here. Look forward to hearing more about your shaving experiences.

Welcome to The Cadre!

Aftershaves are my favorite part of the shave. We’ll get something figured out for you.

Back