The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Greetings from WA

Of all the other shaving forums I participate in, this is the first where I am introducing myself. Maybe it's because it's relatively new and everyone else is doing it, or maybe because I never done it before. I'm les from Bellingham WA, 65 and retired. When I'm not retired, I spend my time being retired. I started my wet shaving a long time ago with a Gem Featherweight handed down from my father and when I went to college, I was given two Weck hair shapers from my cousin who taught me how to cut my own hair. I eventually used it to shave with and when I got back into serious wet shaving again about six years ago, I started up with those two.

My interest is all over the place. I do straights, replaceable blade straights (Weck and Feather AC), SE (Feather AC, Gem, wedge blades, Feather FHS), and DE (my favorite being slants).

Good to see some familiar faces here and hope that this Cadre grows.

Hey Les glad to see you here. Look forward to your journey into British razors!
1f60b.png

Welcome. I grew up in the NW myself and this summer the family will be spending a few days in Seattle. Beautiful country

gvw755 said:
Of all the other shaving forums I participate in, this is the first where I am introducing myself. Maybe it's because it's relatively new and everyone else is doing it, or maybe because I never done it before. I'm les from Bellingham WA, 65 and retired. When I'm not retired, I spend my time being retired. I started my wet shaving a long time ago with a Gem Featherweight handed down from my father and when I went to college, I was given two Weck hair shapers from my cousin who taught me how to cut my own hair. I eventually used it to shave with and when I got back into serious wet shaving again about six years ago, I started up with those two.

My interest is all over the place. I do straights, replaceable blade straights (Weck and Feather AC), SE (Feather AC, Gem, wedge blades, Feather FHS), and DE (my favorite being slants).

Good to see some familiar faces here and hope that this Cadre grows.

Welcome Les. I am 61 and still working, but I too started shaving with traditional wet shaving methods. First a hand me down Gillett Slim, then a Schick injector. Had a hand-me-down boar brush and a puck of Williams. Never got into straights until 2014 when I ventured back into wet shaving. Now I despise shaving with anything else (well despise is a strong word).

Back