The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Greetings from Vancouver

Trees

Shave Newbie
Hello shavers,

I have most recently stumbled upon this corner of the interwebs after doing a little bit of digging into various razor choices. I'm 41 years old and have been using toss away cartridges and electrics my whole life. A captivating facebook ad for the Henson safety razor peaked my interest, and well, if the internet says I would like it, that must be true! And it was. I really enjoyed my Henson! It made me curious what of the art of shaving have I been missing all of this time? Surely Henson can't be the only razor to master the supported blade? This led me down an extensive rabbit hole, and I am now well on my way toward owning my first Rex Konsul adjustable safety razor, and Feather Artist Club straight razor. I look forward to the exploration of various soaps, oils, and aftershaves that await, and taking the time to explore and learn so much more. I appreciate the tips in advance.

Welcome to The Cadre! Good to have you here. Lots of amazing people here so anything you want to know or need to ask, we're here for you!

Lots to see, read, and get involved with here. We're so much more than just a wet shaving forum. I'm here for the camaraderie more than anything else. We have so much fun. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

The forum is a wealth of info and good gentlemanly fun. Please make sure to familiarize yourself with our Terms and Conditions Linked Here:
https://theshavingcadre.com/threads/tsc-terms-of-use-tou-revisions-updates-2-2021.3796/

Should you need any assistance in navigating the site or help please contact any of our friendly Concierge Staff.

@Spider , @NurseDave @heysi , @Fenster

or feel free to reach out to any of the owners of TSC
@BarberDave
@CVargo
@CBLindsay

@Trees , Welcome to the forum!! Sounds like you've fallen head first into a deep rabbit hole! We are all about friendship and camaraderie around here and we have a ton of fun. Please join in sharing your shaves of the day, new acquisitions, questions, concerns or EVEN start a shave Journal or video channel. I really hope you enjoy your stay and we are glad to have you!

@BarberDave has an awesome set of straight razor tutorial videos which can help a ton when you recieve your Feather Artist Club. Check it out HERE.

Hello shavers,

I have most recently stumbled upon this corner of the interwebs after doing a little bit of digging into various razor choices. I'm 41 years old and have been using toss away cartridges and electrics my whole life. A captivating facebook ad for the Henson safety razor peaked my interest, and well, if the internet says I would like it, that must be true! And it was. I really enjoyed my Henson! It made me curious what of the art of shaving have I been missing all of this time? Surely Henson can't be the only razor to master the supported blade? This led me down an extensive rabbit hole, and I am now well on my way toward owning my first Rex Konsul adjustable safety razor, and Feather Artist Club straight razor. I look forward to the exploration of various soaps, oils, and aftershaves that await, and taking the time to explore and learn so much more. I appreciate the tips in advance.
Welcome Trees, we're glad to see you here . I stumbled upon this largely unknown hobby much like you did.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Was hoping to be in the game this week. Placed a big order from Razor Emporium for the Konsul and folding Feather, plus an assortment of oil, soaps, brush, and aftershave. It all arrived, except the razors. They included a Japanese Feather by mistake, and apparently someone at Rex is sick. Although they said the Konsul would be shipped this week, no notification thus far. Hope their company is doing ok.

Back