The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Greetings from San Antonio, Texas

herbert7890

Shave Newbie
Hi everyone!

I wanted to introduce myself to the members of the forum. I just joined yesterday when I stumbled upon this forum, online. I have been wet shaving since 2013 and i have been a member of various other wet shaving communities (forums, facebook groups, etc). I'm originally from Puerto Rico but recently moved to Texas.

My other big passions are niche fragrances (Rojas, Xerjoff, Fragrance Du Bois, MFK, etc) and Golf (im a 3 handicap at the moment).

I got into wet shaving due to my fragrance "addiction" I was on a fragrance forum and they were talking about this "wet shaving" thing that I knew nothing about. Long-story short, I went to Art of Shaving and bought my first kit there...........it went downhill fast from there since 2013 was the year that all artisans were starting their business (Barrister & Mann, Catie's Bubbles, How to Grow a Mustache, Mike's, etc)

My favorite shave stuff:

Razors: Timeless 95, Blackbird and Wolfman WR2 1.15 (getting a 1.35 soon)

Brushes: M&F 2XL 28mm - Strawberry Fields Ebonite (Finest badger hair) and Simpsons Trafalgar T3 Synthetic

Soap Bases: Declaration Grooming Milksteak, B&M Excelsior, Wholly Kaw Siero and cant ever leave the "old school" Mike's Natural Soaps

Blades: Feather and Polsilver SI (or Wizamet SI, same blade to me)

Aftershaves: B&M and Declaration Grooming

Welcome to The Cadre! You’ll find yourself in good company here. Frag heads? Golfers? Yep, many here share your interests.

Back