The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Greetings from Long Island, New York

NickCard

Sr. Shave Member
Hello Everyone:

I originally joined TSC a while ago but, for some reason, I was never an active member. I recently stumbled upon this forum again and like what I see.

I am an attorney in New York and have been wet shaving for 7 years now. I started using a Merkur DE, then bought other DEs, then bought a Gold Dollar straight razor that led to about 50 more, and then discovered SE razors. Yes, I fell head first into this rabbit hole of ours.

I have finally pared down my collection of razors to a handful of DEs, SEs, and two straights. I have not pared down the software!

I look forward to the discussions in this group. Have a great day!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome Nick! Glad you could join us.

What are your favorite bits of hardware/software currently?

Welcome Nick! Glad you could join us.

What are your favorite bits of hardware/software currently?

My favorite modern DEs are: Blackland Blackbird, H&S PO76Ti, Tatara Masamune Nodachi, and Rocnel Sailor 2019.
My favorite vintage DEs are: Famex Cage Head, L’Essor Open Comb, and Le Coq Palmer Adjustable.
My favorite SEs are: Colonial General V2 SS, Asylum RX, and ATT SE1 and SE2.
I enjoy using brushes made by Dean Markwalter of Hazelets Apothecary and Paladin.
My favorite software seems to shift like the winds. I have been enjoying Franks’s Ethos Lavender lately. Some of the soap sets recently purchased that I really like are: Noble Otter Rawr, Zingari Man No. 1, A&E Undersea and Kaizen, PAA Dapper Doc, Al Fin, and Oubliette. Catie’s Bubbles LTV is a long time favorite. I also like Oz Shaving Soap’s Yellow Brick Road.
I also like Hub City’s Cabin in the Woods, Morning Hike, and Ideal Man. (I have lots of likes! Lol)

My favorite modern DEs are: Blackland Blackbird, H&S PO76Ti, Tatara Masamune Nodachi, and Rocnel Sailor 2019.
My favorite vintage DEs are: Famex Cage Head, L’Essor Open Comb, and Le Coq Palmer Adjustable.
My favorite SEs are: Colonial General V2 SS, Asylum RX, and ATT SE1 and SE2.
I enjoy using brushes made by Dean Markwalter of Hazelets Apothecary and Paladin.
My favorite software seems to shift like the winds. I have been enjoying Franks’s Ethos Lavender lately. Some of the soap sets recently purchased that I really like are: Noble Otter Rawr, Zingari Man No. 1, A&E Undersea and Kaizen, PAA Dapper Doc, Al Fin, and Oubliette. Catie’s Bubbles LTV is a long time favorite. I also like Oz Shaving Soap’s Yellow Brick Road.
I also like Hub City’s Cabin in the Woods, Morning Hike, and Ideal Man. (I have lots of likes! Lol)

Great selection! I know, it’s hard to choose lol.

Great selection! I know, it’s hard to choose lol.

I often question my sanity. I spend an inordinate amount of time trying to decide what razor to use, what brush to use (do I feel like badger, boar, or synthetic) and, of course, what soap and aftershave to use!

Back