The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Greetings from Australia

Razor Burn

Shave Member
Greetings guys,

I stumbled upon this forum after meeting @Graydog on a friends Shaving Brush Youtube channel and decided I'll check things out as I had no idea this forum even existed. Crazy I know! 🤪

After checking things out I decided I'd join as you all seem like genuinely nice guys who share the same passion for traditional wet shaving like me, plus @Graydog has sparked my interest with his unique and beautiful timber brushes... (y)

I'm fairly new to the hobby having dabbled with it years ago and giving up due to poor technique, laziness and the lack of quality products available in Australia at the time.

Having since fallen down the rabbit hole that is R.A.D, S.A.D and most recently B.A.D, I look forward to sharing the journey with you guys and learning a few things along the way. 😎

Happy shaves!

Razor Burn

Last edited:
Welcome to The Cadre! Glad to have you here.

What are your favorite shave items in your den right now?

Welcome to The Cadre! Glad to have you here.

What are your favorite shave items in your den right now?
Thanks guys - my favourite items would be the latest additions to the shaving den:
- TF Custom Brushes with Rhodium Badger knots (both exceptional Australian artisans)
- Smart Helix Apollo Razor
- CG Gen 1 Lvl 2 Antique Brass + Stinger (my dream DE)
- Whispers from the Woods All Things Nice (Australian soap maker)

I've also recently joined the Wolfman waiting list having tried both the WR1 & WR2 but am undecided as to which I prefer as they're equally great but slightly leaning on the WR1 due to the narrower head... 🤔

Spiced Sandalwood & Honey??? Wow, that sounds really nice!

You'll have to add some reviews here of the Australian products you've tried (that most of us have probably never heard of before!)
Hahaha - Yeah its a very nice caramel like scent with strong honey tones from the tub. One of my favourites!

I'm a strong believer of supporting local artisans so own a fair few soaps from different local artisans (both current & those no longer available) so will happily share my thoughts in the SOTD posts. ;)

Back