The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Greetings and Salutations from MD

Scuttlesoap

TSC Yoda
Veteran
Concierge Emeritus
Good evening everyone! I’m Brian - live in Maryland. My story is very similar to a lot of wetshavers - started to save money remembering that my dad did it the ”old fashioned way.“ I’ve been doing it for 5 years, but just started the hobby about this time last year And now I’m hooked. Started watching Barber Dave’s and Spider’s videos and that led me here. Just recently bought my first CBL soap. Looking forward to the advice and camaraderie. I’ve found lots of great info and discussions on this site

Last edited:
Welcome Brian! Glad you could join us.

What are some of your favorite traditional shaving items currently?

Thanks everyone for the welcome. In my den - I like all things stainless steel or brass - if the heavier the better. If they could put a blade on a dumbbell or brick - I’d buy it lol.. My go to razor is the Vector. As far as soaps are concerned - I’m all over the map - I like both vegan and tallow - I tend to lean towards citrus or boozy scents. My most recent purchases were Fine Accoutrements and Victory Shave Co - both due to recommendations from this site. what I like most about this hobby is how friendly the people are - most people bend over backwards to help or offer suggestions which I appreciate. Plus most vendors/artisans i find are the same way. It really feels like a community

Welcome to The Cadre, Brian! Glad to have you here. And our Zoom calls are a blast, you'll love them!

.... If they could put a blade on a dumbbell or brick - I’d buy it lol..
Sounds like you're a perfect candidate to enter the Stunt Shave Hall of Fame!

Back