The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Graybeard57's Shave Video and Other Shenanigan's

The circa 1960 R.H. Ruana hunting knife was handmade by Rudy Ruana in Bonner, Montana. He would use old leaf springs from trucks and tractors to fashion his blades. You can still see hand tool marks on the blade and handle. The knife and sheath are worth several hundred dollars. It badly needed to be sharpened, so I entrusted it to @ShawnF, who put on a perfect, sharp edge. When I got it back, I gently drew it across my forearm hairs. It shaved a patch of hair off. That's when I decided to shave with it. Until last night's shave, it had not been used to cut anything but forearm hair. Still, I hadn't expected to be able to shave with it. It did a competent job in whisker reduction, but I wouldn't want to use it every day. I hope you spent a few minutes to watch it - it was a fun shave. Evidently, I made some in the audience nervous. 😇

Fantastic stunt shave Bruce. Sorry I missed the live event. Nicely done. 👍

Back