The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Got here via 'Dagwoodz's Tonsorium'

Hey everyone.

I happened to find out about this forum while I was searching for feedback on 'Lisa's Natural Herbal Creations'.
Dagwoodz's Tonsorium mentions the forum on his reviews of the LNHC soap, so I thought I'd join the party.

I'm still learning the craft and have been wetshaving for about a year now; with a few MASSIVELY failed attempts in the past. haha

Thanks for the add from Toronto (GTA) Canada.

Welcome to the Cadre. Lisa is usually around here somewhere. She makes good soap for sure.

Welcome! Lisa’s artisan line is great stuff!

What other kinds of gear do you have?

Glad you found our little corner of the interwebs! Yup another believer in LNHC soap here. Welcome to the Cadre!

Welcome to TSC, Pottertons! Lisa has some fans around here. She makes some excellent products.

A hearty welcome to the TSC, Pottertons! Glad I could light your way to the wonderful land of enablement!

Welcome! Lisa’s artisan line is great stuff!

What other kinds of gear do you have?

I'm not all out like many but my current go to's are my Karve (plate C) or my Rex ambassador.
Software...hard to really pick a favorite. I like the A&E soaps (signature set is in transit), the WCS creams and soaps that were recently released and created by Oleo and Catie's. One of my preferred bases is also from a local artisan who's line of software is called 'Purely Skinful Handmade essentials'. It's creating quite the buzz amongst the members of the Canadian FB page.
Waiting on some Grooming Dept and the latest release from Oatcake.

Go to blades...Perma-Sharp.
Fav brushes...Wild west Brushworks: 'Block Party' with a 'Bobcat' synthetic knot. Or my 2-band fan brush from Spiffo. Not sure what the knot is, but it's amazing.

So yeah, nothing extreme. I've tried charcoal goods..wasn't for me. Had a Paladin and M+F brush. Wasn't a fan. The quality of the knots just didn't justify the massive Gulf in cost for me.
Never tried a declaration knot and I doubt I ever will.....unless someone PIF's one to me. Lmao.

I'm not all out like many but my current go to's are my Karve (plate C) or my Rex ambassador.
Software...hard to really pick a favorite. I like the A&E soaps (signature set is in transit), the WCS creams and soaps that were recently released and created by Oleo and Catie's. One of my preferred bases is also from a local artisan who's line of software is called 'Purely Skinful Handmade essentials'. It's creating quite the buzz amongst the members of the Canadian FB page.
Waiting on some Grooming Dept and the latest release from Oatcake.

Go to blades...Perma-Sharp.
Fav brushes...Wild west Brushworks: 'Block Party' with a 'Bobcat' synthetic knot. Or my 2-band fan brush from Spiffo. Not sure what the knot is, but it's amazing.

So yeah, nothing extreme. I've tried charcoal goods..wasn't for me. Had a Paladin and M+F brush. Wasn't a fan. The quality of the knots just didn't justify the massive Gulf in cost for me.
Never tried a declaration knot and I doubt I ever will.....unless someone PIF's one to me. Lmao.

Strong list! ?

Back