The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Good Strop for Straight Razors???

DEMan

Shave Member
Good afternoon Cadre. I am new to straight razor shaving and own two razors. I am looking for a good strop to keep my razors in shaving shape. Any guidance on selecting a good strop will be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Frank.

Hi Frank,

If you’re looking for a starter strop you may consider checking out whipped dog, they have a variety of inexpensive strops to get you started. You will likely cut your strop and it’s better to cut a cheap one than a $400 Kanayama.
If you feel good about your chances and want to start with a nicer strop, check out Heirloom razor strop co., made by Tony Miller. His strops are top notch, the plain vanilla is my go to. Have fun and let us know if you need any help.

Hi Frank,

If you’re looking for a starter strop you may consider checking out whipped dog, they have a variety of inexpensive strops to get you started. You will likely cut your strop and it’s better to cut a cheap one than a $400 Kanayama.
If you feel good about your chances and want to start with a nicer strop, check out Heirloom razor strop co., made by Tony Miller. His strops are top notch, the plain vanilla is my go to. Have fun and let us know if you need any help.
Thank's Matt will check them out. Frank.

I started with the poorman’s strop from WhippedDog and I use it now for a travel strop. I then moved to the Tony Miller Plain Vanilla (he was out of chocolate). Tony makes great strops.

Back