The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Good Evening!

Well hello there gents! I've only been here a few seconds and I already see a lot of familiar and friendly faces. It's nice to see you! I'm not a newbie to shaving but I'm a newbie to this site. It's great to be here.

Thanks Chris! I got about 7 double edged razors that I swap in-and-out. Currently I think I'm using a seventies Gillette open comb on an Ikon bulldog handle. I love my Simpson Commodore X2 in best badger brush. I think it's been my daily driver a for probly the last couple years. I've got some boars and I Muhle synthetic but they haven't been out of the cabinet in quite some time. My favorite soap has got to be Tabac hands down. Nothing performs better for me.

Great setup! Tabac is easily a top classic soap.
Chris is jealous of all the new ones on the site and is welcoming himself now......sad

You shh. Don’t scare off the new guy just because you didn’t do the recruiting.

Welcome to the Cadre! Happy to have you here

Yeah I haven't found anything that beats its cushion, slickness and glide for my skin. I think a really close 2nd would have to be The Dead Sea by Razorock. It's an unbelievable soap.

Have you been able to delve into any artisan soaps yet?

Howdy and welcome Don.

That makes three Dons. I keep sayin' we need more Daves!

I’m glad you found us Don. I’m sure you will have fun with these guys.

Back