The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Gillette Planet Kind Shave Cream

SharptoothC

Jr. Shave Member
https://gillette.com/en-us/products/pre-and-post-shave/planet-kind-clean-shaving-cream

I recently picked up two tins of this soap discounted to $3 each at Ollie’s. I hope that does not imply a discontinuation, because I find it to be a very good soap. It is a soft cream, and can be used with or without a brush. I took a damp brush, barely dipped the tips in the cream, and got copious amounts of really nice lather. It think it compares very favorably to The Body Shoppe Maca Root shaving cream. Scent says cucumber and vitamin E. I sense the cucumber, but it comes across as light and fresh to me. I will definitely be using up my two tins. I think it’s worth a try if you see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Planet Kind Protective Shave Cream

I recently picked up two tins of this soap discounted to $3 each at Ollie’s. I hope that does not imply a discontinuation, because I find it to be a very good soap. It is a soft cream, and can be used with or without a brush. I took a damp brush, barely dipped the tips in the cream, and got copious amounts of really nice lather. It think it compares very favorably to The Body Shoppe Maca Root shaving cream. Scent says cucumber and vitamin E. I sense the cucumber, but it comes across as light and fresh to me. I will definitely be using up my two tins. I think it’s worth a try if you see it.

I too enjoyed my tin. Unfortunately, I think it is discontinued.

This is unfortunate. It’s genuinely good stuff at a decent price point.

Agreed. I could be wrong, but my son ordered it directly for himself and I through the Gillette Club, and it was no longer available two months ago from that source.

I recently picked up two tins of this soap discounted to $3 each at Ollie’s. I took a damp brush, barely dipped the tips in the cream, and got copious amounts of really nice lather. It think it compares very favorably to The Body Shoppe Maca Root shaving cream. Scent says cucumber and vitamin E. I sense the cucumber, but it comes across as light and fresh to me. I will definitely be using up my two tins. I think it’s worth a try if you see it.

This was my thoughts exactly! I like it quite a bit, especially the scent. Now, I just need to reach for it more often.

Back