The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Gillette Marketing at it's finest - Unbelievable

To be honest...I'm not surprised. It's just Gillette's attempt to keep the market fresh of products to build, keep, or increase sales. Maybe they are feeling the effects of the DE movement? But I doubt it. Thanks for sharing Dave! It is definitely an interesting read. But didn't they already make this before? I think it is called the Atra...
1f60f.png

To be honest...I'm not surprised. It's just Gillette's attempt to keep the market fresh of products to build, keep, or increase sales. Maybe they are feeling the effects of the DE movement? But I doubt it. Thanks for sharing Dave! It is definitely an interesting read. But didn't they already make this before? I think it is called the Atra...
1f60f.png
Exactly. I know nothing new but shows the machine in action and how stupid it is.

I've been waiting for this for a long time. I knew eventually they'd go against their long standing marketing of "more blades is better" and revert back. I was just wondering how they were going to spin it. Calling it "sensitive", is kinda admitting that their 5 bladed monstrosities are face terrors. I'm sure the Atra is still far superior to this though. The best cart is still the Trac II though.

I read this yesterday. What is real interesting is that they are going to be more expensive than the Mach III.

I read this yesterday. What is real interesting is that they are going to be more expensive than the Mach III.

There is more engineering involved. There's a piece of plastic inbetween the blades!

It's a joke .. the cost of a single cart is what has been driving people away. I think you might have a few test subjects that fall for the gimick but I bet this thing is done in two years.

I’m assuming those little pieces of plastic caress and comfort your face as you shave. Like little fingers of sympathy.

Back