The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Gillette Flipper Coins

Dave in KY

Shave Newbie
Anyone else have any? I have 2, one that was coated with patina and dinged up a little. Another was in nice shape but looked like someone had tried to paint it gold. wanted to clean that one but not damage so I tested on the one side of the dinged one first. No issues with it so was able to get the other cleaned up. You can see in the 2 pics how the dinged one looked on both sides and how it looked after cleaning it safely thus letting me know it would safely take the paint stuff off the other that was already shiney. I used Bar Keepers Friend to clean it.

I have a Williams token, but never seen a Gillette one. Very cool

There's another version too I believe that I don't have. Don't know the history. Just novelty flippers from years ago. There are different kinds you see occasionally I suppose Gillette did them for advertising.

I’ve got one enroute! This is the type of thing I love to collect. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

As a coin collector I admit I cringed when I read you cleaned it.

Back