The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Gillette Counter Displays

Dave in KY

Shave Newbie
There are various counter displays that Gillette had over the years both in wood and plastic. I acquired a plastic display some time back that had the chrome corroding that held the glass and I sanded it down and painted it black after dismantling and cleaning it. The decals were either painted or another material but they were dried out and flaking off. Fortunately I had them complete enough to have a friend that works with vinyl do some replicas for me. They aren't perfect matches but I was quite pleased with them. Following are some pics of how mine looked when I got it as well as how it eventually ended up looking. I debate getting rid of it at times but do enjoy it. Just no real place to have in the shave den as the den is quite small. If anyone already has a display and would like a set I have 2 complete sticker sets for the contents and 1 more of the Saying that was across the top. They had different style decals over the years but you could use these on any display unless you're building a museum piece. These are seen in the last photo. When 1st bought you can see the corrosion.
After getting sanded and painted
And then after getting the new decals installed along with 1 or more of each item that a decal describes.

That thing is awesome! There are a lot of wet shavers out there that would love to have that. It's beautifully restored!

Yeah me too.......trade ya the case and all for a knife
1f602.png

That's a heck of a trade... Do it, Do it!

That's a heck of a trade... Do it, Do it!
Some of the modern blades have been used or replaced with others since that pic but everything else is there. I think it's valued more then high enough but he may not have any use or even room for it which is my problem and I would totally understand that.

Wow, such a phenomenal set! I’ve seen those cases here and there at antique shops, but I’ve never pulled the trigger. Your restoration looks better than the original! I know the feeling, being limited on space is a real drag.... I don’t know how some people have the space for 400+ soaps and aftershaves, they must be much more organized than I am.... lol

I know the feeling, being limited on space is a real drag.... I don’t know how some people have the space for 400+ soaps and aftershaves, they must be much more organized than I am.... lol
Funny you should mention that. This weekend I need to find another place for my socks because I need that drawer for soaps.

Back