The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Getting back into wet shaving

Whisker Assassin

Shave Newbie
Hello,

My name is Drew, and I've been wet shaving since 2006. Over the last few years I've sort of gotten burned out. I was just using the same razor for each shave, a Murkur 1904 (even though I owned about 5 razors). I was using the same blade each time (I bought 200 Treet Platinum blades a while back, and just used a new one after 5 shaves). And I was using the same soap and aftershave everytime (when I ran out of my tube of Proraso Blue I would just order a new one. Or buy a new bottle of Old Spice when I ran out).

But then Covid 19 happened, and I found myself at home more and looking for ways to enjoy more things at home. So I had a renewed interest in wet shaving! Since March I have added 5 new razors to my collection. I have ordered new soaps, aftershaves, and blades to try. Also I've started making shave videos on YouTube. Here's a link to my channel if you want to check it out: Whisker Assassin

I look forward to sharing more wet shaving information with all of y'all!

Take care,
Drew

Welcome to The Cadre!! Variety certainly adds to the enjoyment of your shaves. I can't imagine being relegated down to one s

We have a whole section here full of VLOGers who post videos, so you're in good company. Just be sure to read the rules before posting your videos to the site.

Glad you found us!

Welcome to The Cadre!! Variety certainly adds to the enjoyment of your shaves. I can't imagine being relegated down to one s

We have a whole section here full of VLOGers who post videos, so you're in good company. Just be sure to read the rules before posting your videos to the site.

Glad you found us!
Thank you! I have watched a ton of your videos. Love the mohawk!

Welcome Drew! Glad you could join us...and that the shave fire has been reignited!

What are your favorites in these days of renewed interest?

Welcome Drew! Glad you could join us...and that the shave fire has been reignited!

What are your favorites in these days of renewed interest?
Thank you! I bought my first horse hair brush, and first synthetic. Also my first slant, the Razorock 37. I'm waiting on the delivery of Clubman Sweet Rum and Tequila Tease to come in the mail. I'm excited to get started again.

Back