The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

G'day from Tathra Australia

Tathra11

Shave Member
Hey folks. Been wet shaving for about 6 or 7 years now. I originally got into wet shaving due to a mild skin condition that was being irritated by canned goo and multi bladed disposables. Found the cadre after seeing Barber Dave and Bill M vids. I use a straight mostly or a DE if short on time. I really enjoy looking out for old razors to restore, especially the older Sheffields.

All the best, Mick.

Hi Mick!

We’re so glad you joined us (insert *shrimp on the barbie* joke here)

I think you’ll find a bunch of others that share your love of restoring old straights and we couldn’t be happier that you are here. Besides shaving, we have other interests our site as well such as coffee, pipes, cigars, watches, pens, booze, movies, books - you name it - I think we have you covered.

Just a thing on the admin side: The forum is a wealth of info and good gentlemanly interests. Please make sure to familiarize yourself with our Terms and Conditions Linked Here: https://theshavingcadre.com/threads/tsc-terms-of-use-tou-revisions-updates-2-2021.3796/

Should you need any assistance in navigating the site or help please contact any of our friendly Concierge Staff.

@Spider , @NurseDave @heysi , @Fenster , @Scuttlesoap

or feel free to reach out to any of the owners of TSC
@BarberDave
@CVargo
@CBLindsay

Again - welcome and we’re happy you’ve joined us.

Welcome Mick! Glad you could join in.

What do you like as far as software for your shaves?

Hi Mick! Welcome to the Cadre!

I'm also a fan of Sheffield razors like George Butler, F. Fenny, and John Barber. I wonder what the vintage razor market looks like in Australia? I imagine a lot of Sheffield and Japanese?

Welcome Mick! Glad you could join in.

What do you like as far as software for your shaves?
I have a mild case of rosacea and i find that soaps and creams with moderate to strong scents can give me anything from an annoying warming, to a burning of the skin. So its mild scented, high quality soaps for me. I have been through so many brands and find that Saponificio Varesino are wonderful soaps for me. Another brand is Esjberg creams. Both are fantastic for me.

Hey folks. Been wet shaving for about 6 or 7 years now. I originally got into wet shaving due to a mild skin condition that was being irritated by canned goo and multi bladed disposables. Found the cadre after seeing Barber Dave and Bill M vids. I use a straight mostly or a DE if short on time. I really enjoy looking out for old razors to restore, especially the older Sheffields.

All the best, Mick.
Welcome Mick

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Back